troombatzia

RS news on shipping time

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:09 pm

RS updated shipping time table. I had an email confirming that my order 133*** was delayed about 4 weeks. I did cancel my order. What a bad experience with RS. Hope they refund me as soon as possible.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... 0#Delivery

My email:
Thanks again for your Raspberry Pi order, reference number 1010133***. We are busy working with the suppliers who provide components for your Raspberry Pi to ensure you receive your order as quickly as possible.
Since receiving your order, we have been advised that our next batch of approximately 40,000 Raspberry Pi’s will now be arriving during September, with further deliveries expected in October. This delay is due to the very high level of demand on the core Raspberry Pi processor chip. Unfortunately, this means that your order could be delayed by up to 4 weeks, although we are trying to reduce this as much as possible. We have updated the delivery schedule displayed in our FAQ’s and on the Raspberry Pi forum. As soon as we receive confirmation of any improvements from our manufacturers, we will advise you.
Please accept our apologies for this delay and be assured we are doing everything we can to ensure the fastest possible delivery of your Raspberry Pi.
English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Flixi555

Re: RS news on shipping time

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:20 pm

My reference number is 1010136xxx and I'm in Germany. They told me that it will be delayed by about 9 (!) weeks. I also ordered the clear case and the power supply.

The least they could do is add a little something as compensation, like a USB stick or SD card...

Casalor

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:21 pm

I understand that RS have obvious issues with supplier problems, sourcing components, customer communications, managing expectations etc but c'mon, they haven't covered themselves with glory at all.

I was looking at another two week to delivery before I received this email. I'm now staring a mid October delivery in the face from a 28th June order (118xxx). It's really not good enough and can't help but feel that allowing multiple orders before the backlog was finished was a bad move. Can't help but think, as well, that those ordering in bulk must be even more annoyed by the delays.

Oh well, I'll grin and bear it but I'll try to avoid them in the future (I got a Pi in the first batch from Farnell and was very happy with that outcome).

georgekok97

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:32 pm

My order reference number is: 101016xxxx

when will my order will be shipped ????

rmwebs

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:35 pm

My order ref 1010106xxx also had the same email. I cancelled the order.

Sorry, but RS deserve to loose their right to produce and sell the Pi. They have been terrible.

troombatzia

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:42 pm

georgekok97 wrote:My order reference number is: 101016xxxx

when will my order will be shipped ????

19-25 nov

Cotard

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Order 4 july.

wait, wait, wait and now November? haha

RS it's a joke. First and last.

Edit: October -> November :o

Image[/quote]

trepz

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Call me dumb but I don't find my "order number" anywhere in my confirmation emails. Only ref number is showed and it's 101014xxxx (ordered July 5th)

Atm no email has arrived to me regarding delays. I still don't know how to interpret the new RS shipping table.

Casalor

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:03 pm

trepz wrote:Call me dumb but I don't find my "order number" anywhere in my confirmation emails. Only ref number is showed and it's 101014xxxx (ordered July 5th)

Atm no email has arrived to me regarding delays. I still don't know how to interpret the new RS shipping table.
It's the last six digits of your ref number that are important in interpreting the shipping table

troombatzia

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:04 pm

trepz wrote:Call me dumb but I don't find my "order number" anywhere in my confirmation emails. Only ref number is showed and it's 101014xxxx (ordered July 5th)

Your order number is 14xxxx. Shipping 12-18 november.

trepz

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Casalor wrote:

It's the last six digits of your ref number that are important in interpreting the shipping table
Ok so that would mean november... interesting... do you think I can still hang to a bit of hope considering that I received (atm) no email from RS yet? :|

povy

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:07 pm

(Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian)
I ordered from the site on July 2 and now I have to wait until November!!!!
can i cancel the order and get back the money?!?!

ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 pm

povy wrote:(Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian)
of course you can, i'm not sure of the exact process but i'm sure someone will post howto.

be aware though if you are going to reorder from farnell/newark/element14 you'll go to the back of the queue and if a lot of people do the same the lead time will probably get up towards the RS lead time so it might just be worth waiting if you still want your raspi

smellybiker

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Well that sucks....

I only grumbled a little (to myself) with the 12 week delivery time RS quoted when I ordered on 3rd July... after all, I'm in Chile, things take a while here in the third world.

Today I get an email saying it'll be another 8 weeks !!! That'll be 20 weeks in total - is there a prize for the slowest delivery ? Maybe its destined to be a Christmas present ?

Just in case anyone is tracking such things.. order number was1427**

xtramural

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:34 pm

ukscone wrote:
povy wrote:(Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian)
of course you can, i'm not sure of the exact process but i'm sure someone will post howto.

be aware though if you are going to reorder from farnell/newark/element14 you'll go to the back of the queue and if a lot of people do the same the lead time will probably get up towards the RS lead time so it might just be worth waiting if you still want your raspi
Here's the HowTo:
Frequently asked questions about Raspberry Pi
Q - How do I cancel my order?

A - Go to the cancel an order page on the Raspberry Online store and follow the instructions provided. If your goods have not yet been despatched, we will cancel your order and credit your payment back to you. If they have been despatched, follow the instructions on the Returns page and send your goods back to us. Your payment will be credited back within 14 working days. Please only cancel your order if you no longer require the product, as your authorisation code will become invalid once an order has been placed using it. You will receive an auto acknowledgement email once submitting the cancellation request.
HTH

mellett68

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:26 pm

It just never ends...

madrian

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:55 pm

I made my order on RS on 29.6: Standard Delivery (Despatch expected within 11 week(s))
Today I received an email saying that my order will be delayed another 5 weeks. :twisted:

That means 11+5 weeks, or what?

mellett68

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:39 pm

madrian wrote:I made my order on RS on 29.6: Standard Delivery (Despatch expected within 11 week(s))
Today I received an email saying that my order will be delayed another 5 weeks. :twisted:

That means 11+5 weeks, or what?
Yes, mine has been pushed back 4 weeks from September to October.

DMcK

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:14 pm

Mine was pushed back until the end of November. Based on past performance, I bet RS doesn't meet that one either. So I just ordered from Farnell (Newark/element14?) and the expected ship date is September 9.

I wonder which will arrive first? My guess is I'll be cancelling the RS order on September 10.

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 pm

I've said this in another thread, but it bears repeating: we at the Foundation are really, really, really sorry about this - we only heard today too. We're doing what we can to try to help, but it seems to be a component supply issue for the third quarter that's caused the problem, so I'm not sure what we can do to address it. If you're desperate for your Pi, I'd recommend you check with both suppliers.

Thanks very much for sticking with us. We do appreciate it.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

steveb_123

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:44 pm

I've already waited 12 weeks, and now I have to wait another 9 weeks til november ?
Yet people are now able to order 2 PI's at once, and some US retailers can turn around an order in 5 days ?
YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING.
Order cancelled, bad experience. Feel like buying one now just to break it out of frustration.

steveb_123

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:55 pm

Just cancelled my order, i'm not going to wait 12 weeks + 9 weeks. I'll just pay out the nose for one on ebay.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 am

If you want to pay slightly higher prices, go for it, but I'd be inclined to try Farnell - their leadtimes are much shorter. This issue is only with the RS orders as they have separate production or component ordering systems.

Once again, apologies, the Foundation has no control over distributor decisions.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I own the world’s worst thesaurus. Not only is it awful, it’s awful."

GavinMeek

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:34 am

No email, but looks like mid Nov for me (101017xxxx), I have cancelled my order and will re-order from Maplin, if nothing else they have a functional customer services team.

steveb_123

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 am

Waiting almost 6 months for a product that is readily available elsewhere, I cancelled.
Also, 5 days ago I got an email from them saying that my order was going to be completed and dispatched this week. So that was a lie, and i'm not going to wait around to see what else can happen. Found one x2 the price here on ebay, picking it up in 2 days.
( Here, being international )

*has anyone been able to get a refund from RS for their Pi ?
I've read a lot of people complaining they can't.

Return to “General discussion”