Jednorozec

Re: RPi 4 and USB3 and Gbit ?

Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:52 am

stderr wrote:
Jednorozec wrote:Speculation is useless.
This is ironic since what is complaining about speculation?
http://godisaniron.com/
The most important leg of a three legged stool is the one that's missing.
It's called thinking. Why don't you try it sometime?

fruitoftheloom

Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:47 am

Feature requests are disingenuous to Raspberry Pi Trading.

Do they posters really think they are better aware of what is needed or feasible ??

Retired disgracefully.....
This at present is my daily "computer" https://www.asus.com/us/Chrome-Devices/Chromebit-CS10/

FlexibleSigmoid

Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:50 am

Well I did stay at a Holiday Inn lat night.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:00 am

Not another one....

I can only assume that Google search is broken, given how these threads keep turning up.

Just a heads up, the Foundation are not stupid. They know what's a good idea, they don't need people telling them what's a good idea. So whilst a 'feature request thread' would be fun for the posters, it's pretty much not going to change what the Foundation are going to do, and just create endless pain for moderators. The problem is that everyone is different, and everyone thinks their idea is a necessity. WIthout thinking of cost, and whether is actually useful to anyone else. There are CLEARLY things that would be of benefit to everyone, and clearly things that are useful to so few people as to be pointless, and a whole gamut of features inbetween. There are also features, that whilst a good idea, might not fit in with the current SoC, or will require a new SoC (and that would be a horrendous amount/waste of money).

And of course, no-one will know what the next Pi has on it, until it is launched. And that is in some years time.

Can we use this post as the sticky? Oh, hold on, forgot Google was broken.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

Return to “General discussion”