SonOfAMotherlessGoat

Re: general

Sun May 29, 2016 6:33 am

Account Inactive

MarkHaysHarris777

Sun May 29, 2016 7:09 am

kwfucc wrote:kindly tell me where a[n] app /or guide/or i dont care what u people call it //can be foun[d] that actually streams this camera to a [IP] like every other cheep camera in the world has for the past 30 years ...
Good evening,

Welcome to the forum; glad to meet you. It looks like you're having trouble with your PI camera. If you provide some more detail we may be able to help you:

1) Which PI are you using with your new PI camera?
2) Which OS are you running?
3) Which PI camera are you using (there are four of them these days, please identify the model)
4) Are you having trouble getting your new PI camera to work at all? Does it record vids and stills?
5) You do seem a bit frustrated; I understand that... we are here to help.

marcus
marcus
:ugeek:

MarkHaysHarris777

Sun May 29, 2016 7:23 am

Well, in the mean time, you might try this:

sudo modprobe bcm2835-v4l2

cvlc v4l2:///dev/video0 --v4l2-width 1920 --v4l2-height 1080 --v4l2-chroma h264 --sout '#standard{access=http,mux=ts,dst=0.0.0.0:12345}'

(best wishes)
marcus
:ugeek:

Heater

Sun May 29, 2016 7:31 am

kwfucc,

Welcome.

Now if you could take a moment to rephrase you question into something specific, and more easily readable I might add, then perhaps someone will be willing to help out.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

mung

Mon May 30, 2016 6:13 pm

Wow, why do all the good posts get censored?

Interesting question.
I was playing with stuff last night and come on the forum for other reasons and spotted this mystery shopper comment/complaint, and it spured a complex cascade of rivulets in my flow of consciousness.
I am always wondering the cost of small mouth noises and ponder shannons theory of communication, and have after many long batterings from poorly informed angry individuals have realised we need to show the full story and get to the bottom of a problem by full and proper information transaction.
I suppose this is a matter of getting what you want in the most efficient way, and that is an art not often well learned. Meaning and motive are interdependent, a clash of ego, super ego and id, and drilling down into want, I realised long ago that I am never going to get what I want and maybe that makes life easier to resign to.
you can't always get what you want, or as master yoda says, want what you always can't get you?

Anyways, life is fustrating and everyone gets woundup and crazy every now and again, sometimes it leads to new solutions sometimes just causes more crazieness, but I really do hate censorship!
I am rather disgusted by the way the admins/moderators handle such posts. Bullying and sociopaths are a part of life and censoring evidence of this works against freedom and truth and reduces the chance of people finding a solution for problems.
If you really must try and moderate posts then please create a backwater sub forum for bullying/idiots/nonsense and move threads complete into it and allow thse with interest to continue as they wish, with a link from the edited original forum thread topic with a warning about extreme content.
This all makes me think of a thread a while back that I noticed saying something about 'community', and I have to say something about 'there is no such thing as society', there is no such thing as 'community', this is a dictatorship ruled by forum admins, open source is more akin to libertarianism than communism.
I do like most of what the rpi forum and foundation does, but there should be a better way than muting and locking and censoring forum threads.
If you cannot be nice, be rational, If you cannot beat the faults leave them where they are.

Dis93

Mon May 30, 2016 6:19 pm

#1 wut
#2 i liek this thred
#3 IBTL

Heater

Mon May 30, 2016 6:47 pm

mung,
Wow, why do all the good posts get censored?
You are joking right? Did you get to read the opening post here?

It was rude, crude, abusive, illiterate and almost unintelligible.

Such moronic behaviour is not a good idea.
I am rather disgusted by the way the admins/moderators handle such posts.
Seemed quite reasonable to me.
Bullying and sociopaths are a part of life and censoring evidence of this works against freedom and truth and reduces the chance of people finding a solution for problems.
Are you crazy? There was no "bullying", I'm not aware of any "sociopaths" here.

The post in question had potentially a reasonable question to ask. Which could have been short and sweet and to the point.

But, it was wrapped around with a ton of abuse and gibberish that obscured the actual question.

Even ignoring the insults and abuse it was tl;dr. Why would anyone waste their time on it?

Why am I even bothering to reply to you?

Because, I know there is a better way, and I want to share.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Mon May 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Topic locked, for reasons that should be obvious. Seriously, guys; please try to restrain yourselves. I've got better things to be doing on a bank holiday. :roll:
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

Return to “General discussion”