I also think that @procount should add disable_overscan=1 option in PINN's config.txt file as default
The default must be the "safe" option, the one that will not put anything off screen, under any circumstances. I don't know if your proposed setting would risk that, but if it does, it's a non-starter. If you need the other setting, you can always change it. You might be in the 99% majority, but in this case the needs of the other 1% are paramount.
"Thanks for saving my life." See https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1327656#p1327656
“Raspberry Pi is a trademark of the Raspberry Pi Foundation”