PINN has been updated to v2.1.1
- CEC - Added support for CEC - remote control using the TV remote
PINN can be controlled with a TV remote if the HDMI TV has CEC support.
The CEC remote keys are mapped as follows:
To simulate a mouse the following keys are used:
- Cursor Up/Down/Left/Right - moves the mouse cursor in each direction
- Select - mouse click
For quicker selection the following keys may be easier:
- Channel Up - previous list item
- Channel Down - next list item
- 0 key - select/Enter Key (I chose this because on my Samsung remote it is near the channel up/down keys)
- Exit Key - Escape
- 9 key - Toggles the advanced menu
- 1-8 keys - select the menu buttons numbered from left to right
Any of the above remote keys can be used instead of the keyboard shift key on startup to access the main menu.
Note also that moving the mouse onto the boot selection dialog will now stop the 10 second countdown too.
I have only tested this on a Samsung TV. It should work on others that are CEC enabled, but I know of one instance where it doesn't work, so any feedback on this feature would be welcome.
Please see the documentation on github
describing the full features.
pinn-lite.zip on sourceforge
will always be the latest version.