chip273

Re: 16th has come and passed.. No change in shop..

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi,
I totally know that you are overworked with this project, still I would like to point you to your \"We expect to have stock on 16th Nov 2011.\" Text, it\'s the 17th meanwhile and the text did not change.
Did you get the new shipment ?
Did you send out stickers that were preordered ?

Another GB / UK project that sells electronics and had supply shortages is the \"funcube dongle\" maybe you can get in touch with them, and exchange info on how to handle the overdemand ?

I know that\'s just a tiny minor thingie I\'m pointing to.
Thanks for even bothering with the R-Pi.
greets ,
chippy

PS: You should consider to add a subsection to the Forum about shipment questions and delivery problems before the general discussion section fills up with topic on shipment.

Mr_Navigator

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:31 pm

I got my stickers yesterday :)

Lakes

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Yeah, they were talking about the stickers. ;)

It`s gonna be Dec for the boards, me thinks.

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:45 pm

The printers are finding it\'s taking them a couple of days longer to fulfil our second batch of stickers than they expected. (I need to get a refund on the extra we paid them to deliver within 48 hours.) We should have them tomorrow.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

eggn1n3

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi Liz, I got my stickers today, thanks. I ordered 3 pieces, but I got 6 of them, you are too kind ;-)
(Order 435)

liz

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Yeah - I was feeling guilty about the P&P charges, so I doubled up on all the orders. (That or the stickers were reproducing in the envelope. Take your pick.) 8)

eggn1n3

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Thanks that is appriciated! My wife already took one sticker for her laptop and put it over her Windows7 logo :-)

Bacan

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Raspberries do grow in bunches.

liz

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:50 pm

The keyboard I\'m using at the moment has so many superfluous buttons that I feel dizzy. Windows, obviously - but also *another* Windows key, one which is meant to bring up the Start menu (what happened to ctrl-esc?), three marked Power, Sleep and Wake, one called Turbo, Pause Break…and good ol\' Alt Gr.

It says \"Designed for Windows 98\" in one corner. I\'ll say.

ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:02 pm

[quote]Quote from liz on November 17, 2011, 15:15
Yeah - I was feeling guilty about the P&P charges, so I doubled up on all the orders. (That or the stickers were reproducing in the envelope. Take your pick.) 8)[/quote]

worse than rabbits. next time you\'d better sort the stickers by their gender although I don\'t think you can have multiple male stickers in an envelope safely either.

abishur

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:20 pm

(I\'m waiting for mine, but I live in the states, far from the east coast so I know it will take a while :P )

Well the thing about expectations... they\'re not set in stone. Getting worried because you haven\'t heard any news the day after a shipment was expected to come isn\'t very realistic. ;) Sometimes I wonder if people on the forum really know who comprises the r-pi team. It\'s some very seasoned business veterans, not a fly by night, wide-eyed, fresh out of college kid in his garage. They got this covered :)

Rather than opening threads or devoting a whole section of the forum to shipping issues, you really should contract the r-pi team directly via e-mail (at the time of this post that means
info (at) raspberrypi [dot] org ). Though I\'d bet they\'ll make an e-mail account just for such issues once things get underway. Beyond that, a simple shipping FAQ goes a long way.

Closing answered thread.
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

Return to “General discussion”