piglet

Capacitive Keypad...colour/cover?

Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:48 pm

All keypads I can find (see image below from https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/spar ... pad-mpr121 as an example) are bright red or orange, and not a colour I would want on my project and am trying to work out what I would need to do to get the aesthetics wife friendly!

This may be a silly question - but I have been reading up on these keypads and haven't seen anything that helps me with the following questions:

Can you cover the keypad in anything? If so - are you limited in what material and what thickness? Can you paint the front of it (and what sort of paint)?

entozoon

Re: Capacitive Keypad...colour/cover?

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:07 pm

Late reply, but for future reference at least:
Yes - you can indeed cover them. Works for me with paper, thin plastic (1mm), glass (2mm), electrical tape etc.

They're dead sensitive. Perhaps a numeric printout on transparent sheets might do the trick.

Project XXX

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:58 am

It should be possible to 3D Print a nice thin layout in TPU or something...

piglet

Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Thanks.

I thought it probably should be possible to cover, but wasn't sure with what or what the limits where.

Pimoroni was totally unresponsive to the question, so I didn't buy it in the end and ended up buying just an MPR121 elsewhere and connecting the inputs to nice round ended coach bolts.

Return to “General discussion”