craizy

Newark element 14 shipment tracking

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 am

Hi,
I received an email saying that my order has been shipped, but the company is Traffic and I can't find their website to track my shipment. Can you please help me to find the website of the company?

Thank you.

Jim JKla

Re: Newark element 14 shipment tracking

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Where are you globaly?
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

calebzulawski

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Try copy-pasting the tracking number from your invoice into Google, it might link straight to it like it does with UPS of FedEx.

craizy

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:31 pm

I am located in Canada.

Jim JKla

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:43 pm

The only reason I asked is that then you get help from other users/buyers who have experienced the same supply chain.

I am in the UK and my experience is invalid for your problems ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

craizy

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:03 pm

I found this website http://www.ustraffic.com/index.html but when I click on "track shipment" it asks for a username and password.. is this broken or what? There is nothing in the email with login info. Why don't they use FedEx or UPS or Purolator like everyone else?

bwoodbury

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:09 pm

When I received mine in Canada from Element14 it also said shipped via "Traffic" but it was actually shipped via UPS. I went to the UPS website put in the shipment tracking number that Element14 sent me and watched my Pi make its way to my door :)

craizy

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Eh, with your advice I tried UPS, FedEx and Purolator and it was Purolator that has my shipment. Cool stuff, Thanks a lot guys.

cutterjohn

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:45 pm

craizy wrote:Hi,
I received an email saying that my order has been shipped, but the company is Traffic and I can't find their website to track my shipment. Can you please help me to find the website of the company?

Thank you.
I ordered from them and got mine today, and when you receive it, let's just say that their idea of GOOD packaging* COMPLETELY sucks.

Anyways, click my acct -> order history -> click PO of relevant order -> to the right end of the line item for the shipment in question SHOULD be a tracking number -> click it

* Bubble envelope, ziplock plastic baggy, small thin cardboard box, anti-static baggy containing pi. Problem you ask? Well, yes. I think that someone played football with my envelope, sat on it, and possibly drove a cart over it as the cardboard box as squashed enough to push the expose pins on the bottom side of the pi THROUGH the anti-static bag, and well as various other cuts and tears in same bag. Fortunately no obviously completely broken off components, nor any sign of PCB cracks while taking a look while still in bag(no time to hook it up tonight as another problem had already come up that I need to take care of by morning). A SIMPLE SMALL cardboard box would've been a MUCH WISER choice in outer shipping package, esp. for such a fragile device. [EDIT] UPS was the courier here... [/EDIT]

Joebacca

Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:51 am

Just curious but what shipping method did you choose? What was the final pay? Any brokerage fees? (to Canada)

Thanks!

craizy

Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:57 am

The final pay was 47$. I chose ground shipping. 35$ for the Pi and 12$ for the shipping. I have no SD card for the moment but the PI looks good! Looking forward to using it!

Return to “General discussion”