ecash

Re: 12v car regulator

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:55 pm

I kinda looked around, and searched and didnt see this question/option/thought.

I would deem it a good idea.
A 12volt car voltage regulator.
great if it had connections for both Screen and device.

As I was looking to implement this as a car USE device.
With this as a BASE device it could have many options. and the price would make it very easy to add Additional devices, for other options.

Also,
are you going to have a section for available screens, and locations to get them?

I will also ask if these can be daisy chained, and used in tandem. To make things faster? which would REALLY get a few people in a huff.

Future advancements? changes?? Tegra?

Thanks for any answers.

abishur

Re: 12v car regulator

Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:51 pm

hmm... If it's just for a car adapter, then they already make micro usb chargers for phones (I've even see some that had an additional usb port so you could charge two items off it at once which might work for your screen and device combo idea).

For working screens I'm assuming you mean USB screens. Any HDMI screen will work no problem, any DVI screen would required a 1-2 USD passive adapter and any VGA screen would require an active HDMI/DVI adapter, but those can be pricey so you might be better off buying a DVI screen outright.

You could also use any laptop screen provided you purchased the appropriate LVDS controller. These can be found on eBay for around $30 USD, but I'm trying to see if we couldn't make our own for less.

If you mean a USB screen... well it all depends if we can't get a driver for it. A working screens list will have to compiled by the community once the final board is in our hands.

When you say daisy chained, do you mean the r-pis? There's been a couple of threads discussing the possibility of clustering these together, do a search for the word cluster or bramble.
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

Return to “General discussion”