Computerring123

web controlled robot?

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:46 am

How to make as simply as possible robot that streams video and audio and rotate camera and able to control over internet all motors and serves and play audio from other pc like video chat and able to control robots raspberrys operating system from other pc like this app https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jmpp?hl=fi
??????? Can rasperry control serves and motors over internet by itself? does it need some board or componen to control motors and serves over internet?

How to build it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has to be able to be controlled altought from china to finland.

Computerring123

Re: web controlled robot?

Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:54 am

does this work with web control? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4uhh_j8uR0

Computerring123

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:27 am

someone tells something now!!!

Heater

Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Computerring123,

Everything you listed is doable to some degree or other:

1) Simply as possible - Depends on what it actually is you want to build and what it's purpose is.

2) robot - Sure why not.

3) streams video and audio - yep

4) rotate camera and able to control motors - yep

5) does it need some board or component - Depends on what it actually is you want to build and what it's purpose is.

6) china to finland - The internet is the internet, mostly works, may be unreliable, slow and or laggy.

There is no point offering a solution until you say more about what it actually is you want to build and what it's purpose is. How reliable does it have to be? How much can it cost? Do you want to program it yourself or want something all done for you?

For example you could buy a net camera cheaply off the shelf that does all or most of that already.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

Computerring123

How to control ac motor and servo with web?

Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:23 am

How to easily and as simbly as possiple connect 2 servo motors and 2 ac motors to raspberry usin rasperrys 5v (not other power suplly)? Servos and motors has to be controlled over the web.

mikronauts

Re: How to control ac motor and servo with web?

Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:26 am

You HAVE to use an independent power supply for the servos.

The only exception that might work is tiny 9g servos, without a load on them.

For the AC motors, easiest is some relays.
Computerring123 wrote:How to easily and as simbly as possiple connect 2 servo motors and 2 ac motors to raspberry usin rasperrys 5v (not other power suplly)? Servos and motors has to be controlled over the web.
http://Mikronauts.com - home of EZasPi, RoboPi, Pi Rtc Dio and Pi Jumper @Mikronauts on Twitter
Advanced Robotics, I/O expansion and prototyping boards for the Raspberry Pi

davidcoton

Re: How to control ac motor and servo with web?

Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:34 am

The Pi can only handle a total power load (including its own consumption) of 10W. That is not enough to run anything but tiny motors or servos. It won't drive AC motors, whether you mean "alternating current" or "air conditioning". There are also potential interference problems when running switched inductive loads on the same PSU as the Pi.
Signature retired

Computerring123

how to web control 2 mini servos and 2 mini motors

Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:13 am

how to build web control servos (2) and motors (2) with raspberry and some other system boards (arduino , L298N???? ) does i need some other system boards? where to connect motor wires ( 4 all together ) and where to connet servo wires (6 all together)
Powering will be from raspberry by own. Motors and servos has to work at same time.
tell those pins names!!!!

Computerring123

Re: how to web control 2 mini servos and 2 mini motors

Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:17 am

Motors has to work like 3 wheel so its has to activities at the same pace when going back or forward and when turning those has to work different style

Heater

Re: how to web control 2 mini servos and 2 mini motors

Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:46 am

You now have started three threads here which are almost asking the same questions.

All of them worded vaguely enough that it's hard to give sensible answers.

Please try to be specific as I said in reply to one of them already.

You cannot power motors from the Pi. It cannot deliver enough power. As someone has said already in reply to another of your posts already.

I'm sure you can find motor controller boards for use with the Pi and perhaps a tutorial or two with a quick google.

If you have never done any programming, or programming on the Pi I suggest you start with some programming tutorials. I'm sure there are some to be found on the raspberrypi site and all over the net. Python is a good language for a beginner to start with.

If you have never done any electronics I suggest you start, after learning a bit of programming, by building simple circuits with LEDs and resistors, flashing LEDs under software control. Or reading buttons from GPIO inputs. Again there are all kind of tutorials on the net.

With this experience of the basics you will start to see what you need for motor control and how to get there.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

danjperron

Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:55 am

webiopi! simple and works great! (You have to change the BCM address before compiling it for the PI2).
To drive the motors I use L298 driver.
I do have a USB battery pack with 12V output + 5V usb output.
I also add a usb speaker for sound. The microphone could be the one from the webcam
I build this in 2013 and it still works fine.
mjpegstreamer gives me live camera.

I tried to implement the audio in, but it is still pending.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/488 ... _pc104.wmv
Last edited by danjperron on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

emma1997

Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:03 am

Computerring123 wrote:someone tells something now!!!
Yesssssss..... Maaassssterrrr........ mmmmmmmm...

clive
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

nominitive determinism?

Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:58 am

Computerring123 - I've merged your three threads asking effectively the same question. In future please post once and be specific yet concise. Thanks.

Return to “General discussion”