W. H. Heydt

A Minor Annoyance

Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:11 pm

On the Download page, the release date for the current image used to be displayed there. Now you have to click on the package to find out that date. While I appreciate that the new format is probably considered "cleaner" and it looks to match the current trend for looking "App Like", the first thing I want to know on that page is if the current download is a newer release than the one I already have. This approach makes the page *less* "user friendly"/usable. On the old page, i could tell at a glance. Now I need to go into each download individually to get that information...even mousing over the icon isn't sufficient.

Can we please have the release dates visible, at least in a mouse over, on the main download page?

ben_nuttall
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Re: A Minor Annoyance

Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Are you referring to Raspbian, or the third party images?

If Raspbian, I suggest you bookmark raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian or just click through from Downloads (only two clicks from the homepage).

If third party - we don't have that information as they're hosted elsewhere.

Note the changes were made to make things easier for new users, not just to look nicer.
Community Manager - Raspberry Pi Foundation
Author of GPIO Zero and creator of piwheels

W. H. Heydt

Re: A Minor Annoyance

Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:02 pm

ben_nuttall wrote:Are you referring to Raspbian, or the third party images?
Yes.
Note the changes were made to make things easier for new users, not just to look nicer.
Umm.... Okay.... Are you sure omitting the date is easier on new users?

Return to “General discussion”