morphy_richards

Re: Questions about High Altitude Balloon Flights

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Why don't you see what is within your capabilit to build (and be prepared to lose and be prepared to fail) on your budget with your resources. I would love to read your progress I just wish you would do something.
Read most of my attempts at stuff on here, mistakes on top of balls ups with the rare success here and there. Its all good.

morphy_richards

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:36 pm

For example I thought your raspberry pi web server was very cool.

daveake

Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:54 pm

marked wrote:
BMS Doug wrote:If a skilled amateur (66 previous flights) can't manage more than 33 days then you won't be able to either (or realistically get anywhere close to even 33 days).
Are you talking about Leo Bodnar's B-64 (MOXER-4)? That launched in mid-July 2014 and terminated somewhere over Iceland near the end of November that year, so around 18 weeks. It circumnavigated the globe about 8 times, including a trip around the North Pole.

Unfortunately I can't seem to be able to pull the data out of APRS.fi (too large a date range), or habhub.
Sorry, yes, it was that long. I got the 33 days from his site which I guess needs updating :-)

Back to the original poster - you need more realistic aims. Long flights need 2 things you don't have - money and experience. If you were even close to knowing how to do one you wouldn't be asking the very basic questions you're asking. To be blunt, find something you have some hope of achieving.

Dave

Dave

Return to “General discussion”