dado991

Is the "invitation to order" order random?!?!

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:18 am

I have expressed my interest to order to RS in date 03 march, with ID number 229xxx and my dear friend in date 22 june. He has received the invitiation to order this morning from RS.
I'm still waiting for that. Is the "invitation to order" order random ?!? :?

stevepdp

Re: Is the "invitation to order" order random?!?!

Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:48 am

For a long time, RS honoured the first come first serve and 1 order per person rules for ordering a Pi. I believe they still do as much as they're able to.

Perhaps there was a problem with your registration of interest or something else? We're aware that some users using gmail around that time (myself included) found emails from RS in their spam folder, which of course would be deleted after 30 days.

Have you tried contacting RS directly?

See also this thread where some kind folks from RS are taking order queries.

marinos

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:05 pm

I personally check my spam folder (as a gmail user) daily. I also check the trash folder every 2 days.
I have also contacted RS by phone.
I only heard and read promises and apologies till I cancelled the order from them. (hopefully I used paypal and not my credit card)
I think raspberrypi.org should manage to find another reliable distributor like Farnell and stop cooperating with RS

dado991

Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:52 pm

I have ever check my spam folder (i'm gmail user) and i ever received their mailinglist about raspberrypi.
There is a specific email at RS for raspberrypi? Where can i contact them
?
Thanks!

scorp

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:59 pm

I registered interest the day before yesterday and today I already placed order with RS with 12 weeks promise for delivery.

Return to “General discussion”