n3tw0rk5

I blame the red bull!

Fri May 25, 2012 9:30 am

No Pi's were harmed during this caffeine induced incident.

http://goo.gl/eHC42

morphy_richards

Re: I blame the red bull!

Fri May 25, 2012 7:39 pm

There's a story here ... What's going on?

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Fri May 25, 2012 10:53 pm

I second that - inquiring minds want to know more!
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

spurious

Fri May 25, 2012 11:12 pm

I've read about 3somes.. but photo evidence! LOL

scep

Fri May 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Is it some kind of techno-dogging, where a broadband dongle interfaces with the USB port whilst a battery pack slowly discharges? On a motorbike.

(It's just a wild guess, as I can see a Premier League footballer peeping out of the nettles.)

scep

Fri May 25, 2012 11:22 pm

spurious wrote:I've read about 3somes...
If that was a pun on the make of dongle - then sir, I SALUTE YOU! :ugeek:

n3tw0rk5

Sun May 27, 2012 3:27 pm

scep wrote:Is it some kind of techno-dogging
Lad you worry me! :lol:

I was on my way home after my last nightshift and the Cat and fiddle run isn't something you want to be half asleep for.
So I'd stopped for a couple of cans of go faster juice (redbull), to wake myself up a bit, whilst consuming the go faster juice and my emergency crunchie thats usually in me backpack I'd decided to charge my phone, using a rechargable battery pack I have.

Noticing that my battery charger stated 5v 600mA output and a 2000mAh capacity the 40w lightbulb above my head flickered a bit brighter with an idea!

The RasPi was allready in the backpack as i'd been trying to get an old open Solaris ARM port to work (didnt get very far!), and the 3g dongle is always in there. I'd read plenty of threads about how if you use a wifi dongle you need a decent power input for the RasPi to cope and I wondered if this would be the same for 3g

The rest is history as you say, both raspi and 3g dongle seemed to be powered ok by the battery pack(did try my edimax wifi dongle an it didnt power up at all), allthough i'd need to test properly when I have time.
As for any practical use, havent got a clue! Maybe you could set up an autodialer on boot and auto email/sms yourself the assigned ip, then you can ssh in.

Anyway thats the tale, apologies to the poor trucker who was in the same layby wondering what the hell I was doing and probably if it had anything to do with the speed camera we were near.

Return to “Off topic discussion”