marc.knuckle

Re: No confirmation email from RS

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 pm

i emailed RS at about 7.00am on the day of the announcement (i was trying much earlier) and it said successfully registered my interest.

however, there q&a states an email would have been sent by the end of the 2nd of march i think confirming but no email has been  received.

where do i go from here?  no email from registering all those many months ago from the developers about the ETA as promised, no email from RS stating confirmation, no ETA from RS, no pi in my hands!

what is happeneing guys?

kenk

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:38 pm

I received my confirmation on March 2. I was able to place an order at that time. It looks like the order I placed will not  be shipped out till May. I am a little disappointed by the long delay, but at lease I know is coming eventually.

MattHawkinsUK

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:47 pm

The mailing list doesn't seem to work and I would give up on RS.

Place a pre-order with Farnell as they seem to be actually awake now!
My Raspberry Pi blog and home of the BerryClip Add-on board : http://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/
Follow me on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter (@RPiSpy)

killernerds

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:38 am

Registered at 6am and still haven"t recieved an email as yet!

I rang rs and they stated that all emails will be sent in the next five days.

True?

gjs

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:50 am

marc.knuckle said:

where do i go from here?  no email from registering all those many months ago from the developers about the ETA as promised, no email from RS stating confirmation, no ETA from RS, no pi in my hands!

what is happeneing guys?

Join the club.  I got an email from RS saying they will be in touch.  I won't be holding my breath.  Also got my first spam from Farnell inviting me to pre-order, presumably via one of the spammy image links in their mail, which I won't be clicking.

I placed an order with Farnell on Saturday using the link given here http://www.raspberrypi.org/for.....r-ordering but that goes to 404 now for me.  No idea when/if my order will be fullfilled.  I hope you're not in a hurry.

Jessie

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:09 am

I filled out forms at Farnell and RS.  Newark got back with me from the form I filled out on Farnell and RS I got nothing.  I got my order in, and now I wait like everyone else.  No gold plated limited editition for the mods

Sorry but no one here works for RS to help you.  Get ahold of them if you really want to know what the hell they are doing.  These are all issues that will get ironed out quickly, trust me they want to make some money.  I have heard some numbers regaurding what Farnell and RS have ordered from the factory and they are quite impressive (10K units is a drop in the bucket compared to what they have ordered), there will not be any supply issues very soon.

Gert van Loo

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:39 am

My confirmation email arrived yesterday, 4'th of May late. I filled the form in at about 7:15 in the morning.

monsieurmarc

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:57 am

I registered with them at 6am and no email.

Ho hum

Marc

SereneJ

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:15 am

I think with regards to RS - it's just gonna be a waiting game!

Even after having registered interest - those lucky few, and those that have received the ambiguous reply! Ultimately what can be done has been! It's out of our hands.

I have got a reply but I'm really not seeing myself any better off - no one knows if they're near the front of the queue; or closer to the back... and hey, we don't know how many Pi's RS actually will have for sale! So... personally I'm just sitting back and chilling - watching the rest of the community go into meltdown.

I haven't bought any peripherals yet either, I'm not spending money until i have the R Pi physically in my hand and know that I'll be able to actually do somat with it!

My ten penneth

RaTTuS

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:44 am

I registered soon after 6 and only got my email on Sunday
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

brazen

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Like many people, I registered with RS on launch day but received no email, then re-registered later in the week in case my original registration had failed.

Today I logged on to my email account, and found a confirmation from them (sent saturday) in my Spam folder!! I originally checked for emails on my phone, which only shows me the contents of the Inbox.

I'm not sure which registration attempr the email relates to.

I also hedged my bets and registered with Farnell – no email from them either so far!

ChaosSystems

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi

I received the following email on the 3rd March. I managed to register at about 06:15 on the day of the launch. The lead time on Element 14 (Farnell) is 58 days and the Model B costs £24.55 + £4.91VAT = £29.46

Dear Customer

Thank you for joining the Raspberry Pi revolution and registering your interest in Raspberry Pi’s Model B board from RS Components.

We have received extraordinary levels of demand for this product. To help ensure as many people as possible can experience the Raspberry Pi concept, we are limiting boards to one per customer, and we will send you further information on your request in the next seven days. Once we receive the boards into stock, they will be allocated on a first-come first-serve basis, in order of when requests were received.

Thank you for your patience; we will be in touch as soon as possible with more details.

RS Components

melhiore

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:28 pm

Received the same, still waiting for order request - so far nothing...

marc.knuckle

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:39 pm

yep, not long after posting i received an email.  i know it wasnt there when i emailed as i had just checked.

blimey, how can it take 2 months+ for us to get them even though we registered within a couple of hours of the earliest time we could have!!

drgeoff

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:05 pm

marc.knuckle said:

blimey, how can it take 2 months+ for us to get them even though we registered within a couple of hours of the earliest time we could have!!

If you knew anything about supply chains and manufacturing for the numbers involved you wouldn't ask that question.  It isn't a case of someone pushing a button and tens of thousands of RPs are instantly created.

RhodriM

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:28 pm

I got the impression that RS aren't sending these emails in any particular order? I seem to remember reading something along the lines of "don't contact us unless you haven't had one by Sunday night". Might explain why people I know who registered after me got the emails first.

I hope they at least dish out the pie in order of registration, but alas - I might miss out even then. I didn't manage to submit the form on their website for some time, despite having tried since 6am on the day.

It wasn't the most pleasurable retail experience the other morning, but even with the haziness of not knowing whether they'd all gone, or whether the sites would ever load, at least we weren't camped outside a store in the rain.

marc.knuckle

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:40 pm

yep i dont know about supply chains too much i guess but this has been in the works for ages.

apparently raspberry pi foundation joined with these 2 large companies to get supply out there and surely to it shouldnt have had to be a case of getting everyones orders then ordering them all, surely they should have had a good amount of stock straight away on that day.  if this was the case then they have MASSIVELY under estimated the numbers.

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:22 pm

The foundation put their houses on the line to raise the money to bring the RaspPi to market, and that included around £170,000 for the first 10,000 boards. We all knew that it was going to be over-subscribed by maybe ten times. There were 100,000 people on the mailing list and this forum. Nobody could afford £1,700,000 to make all of those in one batch. In fact it turns out that it was over-subscribed by over one hundred times, making the prospective cost of manufacture seventeen million pounds.

The first few lucky 10,000 (5,000 for RS and 5,000 for Farnell) will start getting theirs I expect sometime next week.

The rest of us will have to wait. If there were 2 million requests, then they would have to order 200 times more than the initial batch. It might not be possible to order that many on the 4-week lead time that RPF was quoted on their initial order, and it would be a silly way to order them in case demand dried up.

What they may do is place an order for say 100,000 a week, but there would be a delay of about four weeks before the first of those rolled off the production line.

So we see delivery estimates from 4 weeks upward. I guess those that have been quoted 13th March (IIRC) are the lucky 5,000.

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:06 am

I spoke to RS today and brought the fact that many of you have not had a confirmation email yet from them up. They said that mails should be with you all by the end of the week. Even if you haven't had a mail, your place in the queue with them has been noted (I'm not sure if mails are coming out in that order, but deliveries will).
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

johnbeetem

Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:16 am

I registered my interest at Allied Electronics (USA version of RS) on Leap Day and received an e-mail from them today:

Thank you for your recent Raspberry Pi preorder.

Due to the uncertainty of lead times, we have suspended all future orders at this time. However, your order is still in place and you will be the first in the Allied order queue once the product is available.

Please stay tuned for more updates. We will contact you as soon as the Raspberry Pi is available and your order is in process.

Newark / element14 (USA version of Farnell) was quicker to acknowledge my interest so I've already ordered from them (due to ship May 14th) and I'll let my Allied slot expire.

Edit: The Allied e-mail arrived in my spam folder.

Return to “Off topic discussion”