Wooloomooloo

Re: Problem with blog comments

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Commenting on blog posts while not logged in doesn't seem to work - it just bounces with an "Error 1" saying something like "please click back and retype the password". I'd like to note there isn't even any "back" button in sight.

Not allowing comments without a valid forum login is of course also a perfectly valid policy, but if that was the intent, the non-functional comment form inviting one to just fill in a name, email, comment, and retype a password is rather misleading.

grumpyoldgit

Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:25 pm

This is a standard package so probably best to direct suggestions to Wordpress.

Personally, I think the idea of having comments on the front page is really irritating. The pages get longer and longer and unless you have very fast internet access, it can take up to 20 seconds (for me anyway) for the page to load. The FAQ has about 1900 comments on it now and is really cumbersome to navigate. All comments would be better served on the forum, IMHO.

Lynbarn

Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Wooloomooloo said:

Commenting on blog posts while not logged in doesn't seem to work - it just bounces with an "Error 1" saying something like "please click back and retype the password". I'd like to note there isn't even any "back" button in sight.

What about the one in your browser? I think that's what they meant...

Return to “Off topic discussion”