Thagaste

How can I find the micro:bit device in Raspbian Wheezy?

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:23 am

Hi, newbie here. I have dug out an old Pi B+ and connected the micro:bit to it.
How can I move my .hex files to the microbit for execution?
Thanks for any help in advance!

topguy

Re: How can I find the micro:bit device in Raspbian Wheezy?

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:47 am

I think the micro:bit should be automatically mounted under "/media/pi" even under Wheezy, but I'm not sure. If you are logged into the desktop that is.
You should really consider taking backup of your files and reformat the SD card to newest Raspbian, it will be easier to get help then.

- The command "mount" will give you a list of all mounted disks/filesystems.
- If you run "dmesg" after the micro:bit is plugged in the kernel messages at the end might tell you if its detected as a disk or something else ( serialport ? )
- To manually mount it would be a command like "sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt" ( assuming its detected as /dev/sda and nothing else is mounted on /mnt )

Thagaste

Re: How can I find the micro:bit device in Raspbian Wheezy?

Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:29 pm

topguy wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:47 am
- The command "mount" will give you a list of all mounted disks/filesystems.
- If you run "dmesg" after the micro:bit is plugged in the kernel messages at the end might tell you if its detected as a disk or something else ( serialport ? )
- To manually mount it would be a command like "sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt" ( assuming its detected as /dev/sda and nothing else is mounted on /mnt )
That totally worked, thank you. Now I'm set also on the command line (I don't use the desktop). cheers!

Return to “Off topic discussion”