Jessie

Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 pm

If you are a gamer here are some good games for little money, and the proceedes are donated. A friend gifted me one for Christmas.
http://www.humblebundle.com/

shiftyphil

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:46 pm

If we could convince them to build ARM binaries it would be even more awesome.

Prometheus

Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:13 am

Quote from shiftyphil on December 13, 2011, 22:46
Agreed!

This is the first one that I've *really* wanted to grab, but I'm aiming to move to using a Raspberry Pi as my main computer sometime in the New Year once they're available, and without ARM versions that would make buying this bundle moot, unfortunately...

Jessie

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:22 am

Quote from Prometheus on December 14, 2011, 01:13
Quote from shiftyphil on December 13, 2011, 22:46
Agreed!

This is the first one that I've *really* wanted to grab, but I'm aiming to move to using a Raspberry Pi as my main computer sometime in the New Year once they're available, and without ARM versions that would make buying this bundle moot, unfortunately...

I will be making the jump to an ARM based PC as my main PC at some point, but it will take some more horsepower before I make that jump. Maybe 8 cores at 2GZ+ or something like that, plus I like being able to buy new graphics adapters so I don't know if I can cope with not having a PCIe slot. The R-Pi will have many uses for me, but it won't be my sole desktop.

Xovan

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:25 am

A common trend of the humble bundle folks is to release the source code to different games though not always consistently. You might just get a chance to make your own port if you'd invest the time. At any rate its a worthwhile cause to drop a few bucks into as they support various charities and small time developers.

Return to “Off topic discussion”