EimGhey

My love hate relationship with cheap electronics grows...

Sun May 15, 2016 7:26 pm

http://www.walmart.com/ip/INSTEN-USB-Op ... s_limit=10&

So any could we make a poor Rasperry Pi user's guide to electronics?

johnlee112

Re: My love hate relationship with cheap electronics grows...

Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:30 am

Hii !

If anyone wants to buy electronic gadgets then they can opt online easily at an affordable price and they will get a wide range of electronic gadgets.

thecoolway

Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:07 am

It's love when you get to create something out of the cheapest parts, and hate when you are able to create something but it starts malfunctioning afterwards. :lol:

Ronaldlees

Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:56 pm

thecoolway wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:07 am
It's love when you get to create something out of the cheapest parts, and hate when you are able to create something but it starts malfunctioning afterwards. :lol:
If it all "just worked" - you'd have to find another hobby to occupy your time!
I am the Umbrella man

Heater

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:42 pm

It's a problem.

Nothing ever works. Not because it does not work as planned but because it never gets finished properly. After some decades I am drowning in unfinished electronics projects. There are packets and boxes of components throughout the house. Shelves and cupboards of half built projects. A pile of stuff in the cellar I have not even seen for years.

If I was mentally well balanced I'd have tossed most of it in the dumpster by now. But, you know....that might come in useful one day....I'll finish that project up one day...

Never happens, there are always new and interesting things coming along to divert the attention. Like the cursed Raspberry Pi for example.

Recently I had a horrifying revelation. If I worked full time, 7 days a week, for the rest of my expected life span, I would not get a fraction of my pending projects finished before they put me up the chimney or I'm so senile I don't know what I have.

I'm paralyzed with project overload. What to do?

Ah well. It's been fun. Better than wasting your life watching telly or playing video games.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

ab1jx

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Oh, cheap mouse, never really did that. There's a Logitech keyboard/mouse combo deal you can sometimes find under $20, I've got 3 of those now for my Pis. K200 keyboard, mouse I can't read usually. It's optical, has a scroll wheel that acts as a third button but it's a little like standing on a rocking chair. Been buying and using them for over a year because they're USB, I still have PS/2 stuff too.

I love the cheap deals shipped direct from China. Aliexpress, eBay, Gearbest, dx.com, miniinthebox.com, futurelec. They take weeks to come in the mail so I constantly go to the mailbox hoping for surprises that I've forgotten about. Most under $5 though.

Return to “Off topic discussion”