kghunt

iPad 2 updating apps

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:36 pm

It is really starting to annoy me that my iPad seems to really struggle to update its apps. I have been trying to update 12 apps for the best part of a week I get a few done (slowly), then it just fails to download the rest. I have tried it on my home wifi 12 meg at the office 50 meg and by 3G using the built in O2 and tethering to my phone ( three network).

I had an android tablet before this and it never struggled to download apps. My android phone chews through them no problem ( automatically I might add). I like my iPad but I am starting to feel the pull to android again especially now that apple are binning google maps.

Rant over. Apple please make the iPad work.

Mortimer

Re: iPad 2 updating apps

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:41 pm

So because you are having a problem, then all iPads are faulty and require urgent attention from Apple? :?

I have an iPad as well, and have never had a problem updating it. Have you tried a full restore from iTunes?
--------------
The purpose of a little toe is to ensure you keep your furniture in the right place.

khisanth

Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:57 pm

My iPad 2 has never had a problem either.

Most times it is a problem with iTunes. Do a factory reset and restore from the backup.

kghunt

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Mortimer wrote:So because you are having a problem, then all iPads are faulty and require urgent attention from Apple? :?

I have an iPad as well, and have never had a problem updating it. Have you tried a full restore from iTunes?
I never said that all iPads require attention from apple, by "work" I mean use the defacto standard for maps don't have a go at trying to make something yourself. Also let me choose my own browser.

Don't get me wrong I love apple stuff the overall experience is better on the iPad that I had on my android tablet but maybe that has changed my old android tablet ran gingerbread after all.

That's another thing "factory reset" on android that can be done from the device no pc required. I don't use iTunes I use cloud services like spotify and netflix also I use Linux as my primary OS. Consequently I don't have iTunes installed the only time I ever use it is for something like this (although I have never reset it yet)

Mortimer

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:34 pm

I don't use iCloud myself as I was an iOS user long before it came along, so I have been backing up to my Mac for years. As far as I know, iCloud is supposed to provide the same facility for those that don't what to involve a PC in their restoration process. However I suspect it is at the mercy of the speed of your broadband connection. So you pays your money and takes your pick.

Choose a browser, you can use Opera or Chrome browsers on iOS now can't you?
--------------
The purpose of a little toe is to ensure you keep your furniture in the right place.

Rodger

Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:27 am

kghunt wrote:It is really starting to annoy me that my iPad seems to really struggle to update its apps. I have been trying to update 12 apps for the best part of a week I get a few done (slowly), then it just fails to download the rest. I have tried it on my home wifi 12 meg at the office 50 meg and by 3G using the built in O2 and tethering to my phone ( three network).

I had an android tablet before this and it never struggled to download apps. My android phone chews through them no problem ( automatically I might add). I like my iPad but I am starting to feel the pull to android again especially now that apple are binning google maps.

Rant over. Apple please make the iPad work.
Does the problem repeat in different places of the city? May it be the problem of the network?

Return to “Off topic discussion”