dan3008

Wanted: old model B (256MB ram)

Sat May 04, 2013 11:13 am

Hi

I'm looking for an older model b pi, mainly because i dont need the increased ram, and I'm happy with a second hand pi, so i decided to see if I could save some money lol

Basically, I have a linux laptop at the moment, dedicated to backing up my photography SD cards to may NAS drive. However, I am looking to automate this with the pi, and adding new features.

So if anyone (prefferably in the uk) has a 256MB model B, and they are intrested in selling it, drop me a line :)
dan3008 wrote:Pays your money, takes your choice

Jim JKla

Re: Wanted: old model B (256MB ram)

Sat May 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Your best bet to save money would be to buy a model "A" I would bet anyone with an old model "B" would want to sell it for enough to buy a new one there are even people out there looking to swap a new "B" 512 for an old one the 256 "B" is fast gaining historic value. :D
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

dan3008

Sat May 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Problem i've got is, I want to use 2 usb SD card readers, as well as have access to the network, because I'm backing up onto a NAS drive. Meaning an A is not ideal.

Plus ive got a Ethernet cable.
dan3008 wrote:Pays your money, takes your choice

Jim JKla

Sun May 05, 2013 6:58 am

I'm not sayiing your reasoning is valid just suggesting that your not going to get many takers at this time.

I would suggest that the Farnell/RS price is probably as low as it's going to get and as your only shooting for the 256 to save money and they both have the same original value your going to have a hard time of it.

You may be better trying for any model "B" that has been given as a present and the the recipient has not been able to get it to work and has given up but I can't see that sort of punter being found here. There's a risk you are buying someone else's problems without the return option.

The Farnell/RS price is probably as good as it gets I would suggest your just going to have to save up and buy one at that price. That way your going to end up with a 512 and as there's no particular reason for having 256.

Good luck with your search but bare in mind my point about buying someone elses troubles. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

sithlord2

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:40 pm

I still have old model B that I'm not using anymore. I've had quite a few usb issues with the old model, so you might want to take that into account.

I don't really want any money for it anymore, so if you are ok with just paying the shipping costs (I live in Belgium btw), just send me a pm...

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:40 pm

sithlord2 wrote:I still have old model B that I'm not using anymore. I've had quite a few usb issues with the old model, so you might want to take that into account.

I don't really want any money for it anymore, so if you are ok with just paying the shipping costs (I live in Belgium btw), just send me a pm...
Have you tried the latest firmware? A lot of USB issues have been fixed. I wouldn't expect to see USB HW problems.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

M1ndf1r3

Tue May 13, 2014 9:17 am

I have a Model B 256mb here and im uk based, i would be happy to accept 20.00 for it, otherwise ill be sticking it on EBay this week on auction
if you want it before it goes to auction my paypal email is steven.sealey.6482@googlemail.com

williamhbell

Thu May 22, 2014 12:01 am

jamesh wrote:
sithlord2 wrote:I still have old model B that I'm not using anymore. I've had quite a few usb issues with the old model, so you might want to take that into account.

Have you tried the latest firmware? A lot of USB issues have been fixed. I wouldn't expect to see USB HW problems.
While the USB on the version 1 model B with the latest firmware is a lot better, there are still some issues with powering. (Still have 4 version 1 Rpis.)

thehawk

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:26 pm

I have a 256 model B that I am willing to sell. Are you still looking to purchase?

boneless

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:26 pm

same here! Will to sell old 256mb model B

W. H. Heydt

Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:18 pm

Hmmm.... Actually what I'd like to get would be a 256MB Rev. 2.0. It's the one type of board I don't have (and can't, at this point, just go out and buy).

Which reminds me...in 2 to 3 months I need to order a B to get a Rev. 2.1.

amolina

Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:50 am

im have one Raspberry pi B 256MB, and us it for SD backup machine, and share / access files on network, and display on TV(Xbmc)

Return to “Wanted”