thomaseharrison

Freelance job (in sheffield UK)

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:47 am

Hi,

Not sure if you can advertise an opportunity on here so if not please delete and accept my apologies :)

We have a prototype IoT monitoring system (movement, vibration, temperature) that an intern did for us. He did a great job but the system needs a little bit of refining to get pre production ready as we need to do a trial run of 40.

We need someone who can do hardware, software/coding. The Pi3 communicates sensor data via wifi to a website which reads out the data. I believe it's in python. We have everything done to date on github.

I need someone who is close to the Sheffield area as we need someone who can physically visit us on site. My best guestimate is it is 1-3 months work at most.

Any recommendations greatly received.

Cheers

Tom

rpdom

Re: Freelance job

Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:33 am

This is probably best moved to the "Wanted" sub-forum. I'll flag a mod to ask them to do it.
[edit] Looks like it has already been flagged.

Unfortunately I'm too far from Sheffield, as it sounds like an interesting project.

B.Goode

Re: Freelance job

Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:50 am

Not sure if you can advertise an opportunity on here so if not please delete and accept my apologies

Seems fine now it has been relocated to the Wanted category: if it had been inappropriate the forum Moderator would not have done that.

You will probably get responses from the 'usual suspects' who reply here to every opportunity: make sure they understand your need for a physical presence. (And make your own assessment of their competence - the fact that they read this forum does not imply any endorsement of their abilities.)

Since you are in Sheffield, have you considered reaching out to PiMoRoNi? https://shop.pimoroni.com/pages/about-us

They certainly know a lot about Raspberry Pi. If they can't help directly they might be able to suggest someone in the local RPi/Maker Community who can.

Return to “Wanted”