keefoc

Anyone willing to giveaway old Pi

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:16 am

Hello world I'm from Zimbabwe and have long since been looking at affordable computing solutions at school level and i think Pi is the best way forward for us. I'm kindly requesting if there are good people out there who would be willing to part with their old pi so that we have at least somewhere to start as i cannot get them anywhere here. Thank you

nathfreder

Re: Anyone willing to giveaway old Pi

Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:47 pm

keefoc wrote:
Hello world I'm from Zimbabwe and have long since been looking at affordable computing solutions at school level and i think Pi is the best way forward for us. I'm kindly requesting if there are good people out there who would be willing to part with their old pi so that we have at least somewhere to start as i cannot get them anywhere here. Thank you
I have nothing that I am willing to give away since I don't have much money to spare, however, I did some research and found a few places which were recommended by the community.

* https://www.pifactory.co.za/
* https://za.rs-online.com/web/
* https://www.pishop.co.za/store/ (It appears that there have been some complaints, check this out)

I found these on a few sites, however, this is the major one.

I hope I helped,
Have a great day!

hippy

Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:39 pm

There must be a fair few people who have older Pi computers which they would be willing to donate to good causes and plenty of good causes which could make good use of them.

What I think is needed is someone who could coordinate and administer the collection of Pi's being given away, testing and distribution of those they receive.

Maybe some charity could step forward and provide that service ? Perhaps even providing a FreePost mail service to encourage people to participate.

Maybe someone could think of a charity which is very familiar with the Raspberry Pi and would be well placed to do such a thing :?:

gordon77

Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:33 pm

hippy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:39 pm

Maybe someone could think of a charity which is very familiar with the Raspberry Pi and would be well placed to do such a thing :?:
RPF?
"
The Raspberry Pi Foundation is a UK-based charity that works to put the power of digital making into the hands of people all over the world,"

PiShop
Authorised Reseller
Authorised Reseller

Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:05 am

keefoc wrote:
Hi,

Get in touch with us at support@pishop.co.za (just mention this thread) and we'll see what we can do to help.

As we are the only Approved Raspberry Pi Reseller in Africa we pride ourselves on having achieved that status and are 100% committed to great service with great prices, we know that you cant please everybody all of the time and do have a negative review here and there, we see these as great opportunities to rectify our mistakes, learn and grow from them and then proceed ahead even stronger and more equipped than before.

Feel free to take a look at our Google or Facebook reviews to see what people really think about our service.

keefoc

Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Thank you all for your assistance, will get in touch with them

Return to “Wanted”