KZhan

Online Rasp Pi Edu Club

Tue May 29, 2012 4:59 am

Hey Everyone,
So a little disclaimer... I'm a huge noob. Im a biologist who occasionally dabbles in programming. I ordered a Rasp Pi thinking what the hell I'll try to do some serious programming now that I've graduated and have some free time.

But... I'm kind of terrible with self learning and finding cool stuff to do. I lack knowledge, skill and therefore imagination so I was wondering.

Theres a lot of talk about regional / high school clubs etc etc... Anyone interested in doing an online one with regular skype meetings online get togethers and what not? If one already exists can anyone point me in the right direction?

EdwinJ85

Re: Online Rasp Pi Edu Club

Tue May 29, 2012 8:33 am

I'd be up for that, I don't know of any existing plans.
Hello!

stevepdp

Tue May 29, 2012 10:05 pm

I would be up for participating in something like this or at the very least offer a hand in setting this up.

I think for beginners/intermediates to programming it's good to be able to share experiences with others face to face, and an online video conferencing user and developer group would be ideal for those unable to attend a regular Raspberry Pi user group.

Moved to the user groups forum as this idea will likely receive greater attention there.

KZhan

Tue May 29, 2012 11:56 pm

I'm glad that theres some interest in getting something like this off the ground. Anyone have any ideas / suggestions on how we should proceed? Currently I was thinking of something like a FB group, with like skype meetings and what not occasionally.

The reason I was thinking FB is that most people stay logged in and theres a (new?) group chat option.

ReadiesCards

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:01 pm

I'd be interested in joining/following this club too

n3tw0rk5

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:58 pm

I'd be up for it, I always seem to be at the opposite end of the country when somethings on. :(

pifan

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:51 am

Hey all,

We have a little chat utility at http://www.raspberrypiusers.com.

How about we set a time and date to meet on there and chat about our experiences so far?

Perhaps the 12th of June at 9pm UK time?
The chat link is here: http://www.raspberrypiusers.com/?page_id=180

Return to “User groups and events”