TerrorByte

Kali GNU/Linux Password Changed on me

Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:33 am

Hey guys.

Is there a way I can recover my password on my Kali Linux RPi?

I changed SD card adapters for my microSD card and now it looks like the password or login has changed!?!

I had a standard adapter and I changed it to an adafruit slim RPi adapter.

I have been managing it through VNC all day and rebooting it so I am very confused to what might have happened and I am about worried sick!!!

Anybody got any good news or will I have to do a hard wipe and restart from scratch?

May God be with me :cry:

tonyhughes

Re: Kali GNU/Linux Password Changed on me

Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:08 am

God didn't change your password (well, he could have - I haven't actually asked him), and neither did your SD card adapter.

It's possible you have introduced a hardware with the change in adapter - SD card adapters have been known to cause problems.

Are you using SSH?

If not, is your keyboard using a powered USB hub?

TerrorByte

Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:12 am

tonyhughes wrote:God didn't change your password (well, he could have - I haven't actually asked him), and neither did your SD card adapter.

It's possible you have introduced a hardware with the change in adapter - SD card adapters have been known to cause problems.

Are you using SSH?

Not at all!

I did change the SD adapter from the normal microSD adapter to this thin one and after the change, everything got all loopy! Even when I changed the SD card back, same "login incorrect" problem. It looks like wiping it is my only good option and just backing it up from now on.

You think so?

aaa801

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:45 am

TerrorByte wrote:
tonyhughes wrote:God didn't change your password (well, he could have - I haven't actually asked him), and neither did your SD card adapter.

Are you using SSH?

Not at all!

I did change the SD adapter from the normal microSD adapter to this thin one and after the change, everything got all loopy! Even when I changed the SD card back, same "login incorrect" problem. It looks like wiping it is my only good option and just backing it up from now on.

You think so?

chroot into the system from another host, run passwd, change the password
Viola

Return to “Other”