asthesun

kali input problems

Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:56 pm

i'm new to all this so bear with me. got my pi 3 b+ in the mail today. assembled with no problems with a 7 inch display, and case. booted right up, accepted inputs from the NeeGo input keyboard/touchpad that came with it.

got a fresh 32gb micro sd card and installed kali arm image "kali linux raspberry pi w/tft" and wrote it to the disk. after a slower than normal boot it eventually arrives at the kali login screen. the touchscreen will not accept input, the NeeGo keyboard/pad will not accept input. i rebooted with an extremely basic mouse and keyboard which also did not work. i wrote the raspberry pi image to a USB thumb drive, removed the micro sd card and rebooted with only the USB drive plugged in along with the touchpad/keyboard. it stalled after a few lines, i pressed a few keys on the keypad which registered correctly. i then inserted the kali sd card, booting resumed, ending at the kali login where input is no longer accepted.

like i said, i'm new to all this and dont know where to begin troubleshooting

scruss

Re: kali input problems

Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:09 am

Please ask on the Kali support forums: it's not a beginner distro, and isn't one that's supported here
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.

klricks

Re: kali input problems

Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:22 am

asthesun wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:56 pm
i'm new to all this so bear with me. got my pi 3 b+ in the mail today. assembled with no problems with a 7 inch display, and case. booted right up, accepted inputs from the NeeGo input keyboard/touchpad that came with it.

got a fresh 32gb micro sd card and installed kali arm image "kali linux raspberry pi w/tft" and wrote it to the disk. after a slower than normal boot it eventually arrives at the kali login screen. the touchscreen will not accept input, the NeeGo keyboard/pad will not accept input. i rebooted with an extremely basic mouse and keyboard which also did not work. i wrote the raspberry pi image to a USB thumb drive, removed the micro sd card and rebooted with only the USB drive plugged in along with the touchpad/keyboard. it stalled after a few lines, i pressed a few keys on the keypad which registered correctly. i then inserted the kali sd card, booting resumed, ending at the kali login where input is no longer accepted.

like i said, i'm new to all this and dont know where to begin troubleshooting
The best place to get help is at the Kali web site / forums: https://www.kali.org/
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Other”