SusKahl

Berryboot VNC wpa_supplicant.conf disappears after activation of VNC in Debian for Raspberry

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:39 am

Hi

I have folloved this guide for headless intallation of Berryboot (using wifi) http://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php/b ... stallation

It works fine undtil I install Debian for Raspberry boot and reboot. Then the wpa_supplicant.conf file disappears on the boot section. If I manually add the file once again and put the SD card back in the Raspberry pi the berryboot works fine undtil I use Debian once again.

on the screen connected to the PI (running headless) it says:

Succesfully Initialized wpa_supplicant.conf
Failed to open config file '/boot/wpa_supplicant.conf', error: No such file or directory
Failed to read or parse configuration '/boot/wpa_supplicant.conf '.

What am I doing wrong?

nh905

Re: Berryboot VNC wpa_supplicant.conf disappears after activation of VNC in Debian for Raspberry

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:58 pm

@SusKal, did you make any progress on this issue? I am seeing the same thing where wpa_supplicant.conf in Berryboot /boot disappears. In my case, I had cloned the microSD card but the WiFi connection was not coming up. I restored the file from the original microSD, successfully got Berryboot VNC working, then found that the various OS filesystems were complaining about errors. After fixing them using the Berryboot boot menu, the wpa_supplicant.conf file disappeared again.

I have intermittently seen this problem before, but could never identify a pattern.

Regards, Norbert

nh905

Re: Berryboot VNC wpa_supplicant.conf disappears after activation of VNC in Debian for Raspberry

Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:06 am

@SusKal, I posted more information at viewtopic.php?f=66&t=235610. Your problem happens consistently with Raspbian Lite. Ironically, if I set up Raspbian Lite to start WiFi, it fails so long as Berryboot starts WiFi, but works once I reboot after /boot/wpa_supplicant.conf is deleted.

Another Linux distribution (OpenHABian) does not delete /boot/wpa_supplicant.conf. If I can free up some time, I will try to figure out which routine is deleting the file.

Regards, Norbert

incognitum

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:39 am

Is caused by Raspbian stealing the wpa_supplicant.conf file from the FAT partition.
Try:

Code: Select all

sudo systemctl disable raspberrypi-net-mods
sudo cp /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf /boot

Return to “Other”