pearcecg

Broken Directory on Pi

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:16 am

My beloved Pi today booted into the splash screen with 'Broken Directory Error No &1C0A8'
and stopped with a star prompt.

I would normally resort to DiskNight on a floppy to address this but of course this is not an option on the Pi.

Any bright ideas how I might fix this - if indeed it is possible

George Pearce

grizzler

Re: Broken Directory on Pi

Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:13 am

How about: put a new image on another SD card, make sure you have DIscKnight 1.50 on it (see comp.sys.acorn.announce for druck's announcement), start the Pi with that, swap cards and see how far you get?

Totally untested of course and assuming hot swapping the card is possible (I seem to remember reading somewhere that it is, but I'm not sure and I haven't tried...).

Alternatively, put DiscKnight 1.50 on a USB stick and see if you can access the cli executable from the star prompt.

microbitsuk

Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:57 am

David has just released a new version for the Pi

AMcS

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:43 pm

microbitsuk wrote:David has just released a new version for the Pi
Thanks for that, it's useful to know.

Rarely had to use it on the Iyonix - but was happy/reassured to know it was there if I needed it :D

pearcecg

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:52 pm

I have now managed to repair the broken disk.
I burnt a new card, changed the disk name to avoid ambiguous diskname errors. Then booted up with the new card, and a USB stick containing DiskNght. Swapped the cards,cancelled insert old disk messages and repaired with Disknght.

Druck, you're a star!

cheers

George Pearce

Return to “RISCOS”