winstonsmith

Installing RiscPkg

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi there,
I am in the process of setting up RISCOS on the Pi and have been looking into installing the IRC client Cretin, however I have run into a stumbling block when it comes to setting up RiscPkg. I have d/l the .zip and tried following the guide at http://www.riscpkg.org/documents/manual.xhtml but can't seem to figure out what to do, apologies for asking what must seem to be a daft question but is there any step-by-step on how to set RiscPkg up on the Pi?

microbitsuk

Re: Installing RiscPkg

Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:40 am

It is all ready installed on the Pi out off the Box, no need to look for it it is in apps its called Packman.

microbitsuk

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:19 am

Update to last post
You can install this app without Packman from http://jymbob.drobe.co.uk/cretin.html
Select Cretin 0.23b from the list and download the zip file.
Unpack using spark into your internet directory
make sure that you have !Zap installed with !Zapuser & !Zapfonts inside !boot.resources
if not download and install first.
before you can run it you have to change some setting to use it.
double click on the !boot directory or on the !configure icon on the desktop to open configuration window
select CPU to set the compatibility tp armV5 mode the press set
you can now load cretin to the iconbar then menu over the cretin icon to setup choices
Click choices setup server,nickname etc save choices.
clicking on the icon on the bar will start the app.
I have set this up but not tested it yet let me know how you go.

nr.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Be aware, if you're using !Nettle, when you install !Zapfonts it conflicts, and you can no longer see any output from !Nettle.

Well, I can't anyway :) Haven't looked into it in detail yet, as I ended up using !Grapevine instead, which you don't need to use armV5 mode for.

Ta,
nr.
--
nr.

Return to “RISCOS”