lesto

udev and systemd-tools

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:41 am

hello,
yesterday i unpacked my raps and installed arch. everything runned almost fine (well just 4 problem with man file during the update, but this also happen in 8086 installation)
now, the problem is after automoving udev by the installation of systemd-tools, xorg fail.
i'm not quite sure but it say:
http://www.archlinux.org/news/systemd-t ... aces-udev/
please rerun 'mkinitcpio -p linux'
but there is no linux or other setting in there. what should i do? i've tryed to look at the proposed example, i can find linux image, but not the init img...

also not doing this seem to break xorg (command line, mouse and keyboard seem to work properly), it just reboot after some seconds.

i don't have many other information because i was "stealing" a HDMI cable, hope i'll have more time today!

eworm

Re: udev and systemd-tools

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:26 pm

udev API changed and the lib now is libudev.so.1. Just update again, you should get a new package for xorg-server that is build against udev from systemd-tools.

pepedog

Re: udev and systemd-tools

Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Replacing usev with systemd didn't break xorg for me, udev is inside systemd (I was worried when I saw this crop up)
I must have caught the xorg-server update at the same time
mkinitcpio is only done on x86, and then only if a kernel update is happening at the same time.
There is a growing community of people (and I'm 1/2 way there) that maybe a sync is not happening completely on a reboot, and manually sync (just in case)

Return to “Arch”