magicstix

Driver compilation

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi all,
I'm attempting to compile a wifi driver on Arch Linux and I've hit a bit of a snag.

Unfortunately the driver source only includes a makefile and no autotools, but when I tried to use the makefile, at first I got a problem where it couldn't find the kernel source because it was looking under arch/armv6l instead of arch/arm. So I created a symlink between arm and armv6l and attempted another compile. This time it complained about not being able to find linux/smp_lock.h. I assume this means I'm missing a package of some kind, but I'm also concerned by the fact that I had to create a symlink to armv6l as well.

Any suggestions on what I should try?

FYI the driver I'm attempting to compile is for the Edimax EW-7811Un USB wifi adapter. The source is on their website at: http://www.edimax.com/en/downloadBox.ph ... 100726.zip

Lorian

Re: Driver compilation

Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:18 pm

a search for smp_lock.h might help.

magicstix

Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:59 pm

It turns out Xaero252's guide works with a few minor modifications (uname -r was returning a space that was confusing the compiler, so I just added a sed call to remove it). One doesn't need the edimax website drivers for this particular adapter.

Xaero252

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:22 am

Yay, I feel important!
Anyways, I was using that exact adapter - which of the two uname -r commands returned the extra space? This way I can investigate and update the guide to fix the issue :D

Return to “Arch”