PiOfCube

Re: OER and Raspberry-Pi

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:58 pm

I have searched these forums for a while to see if there has been any mention of OER (Open Educational Resources) or Open Education and there were no results returned.

I was wondering if anyone had thought that making use of and contributing educational materials under such schemes would be beneficial for teaching and learning use and programming of the Raspberry Pi?

We (Open Indie Project Dot Org) will be publishing materials in this manner but thought that it might be a good idea to bring this up in these forums.

A good place for anyone that has never heard of OER is the Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O....._resources
- 1BillionHex aka PiOfCube: 68719476738 -

PieManPete

Re: OER and Raspberry-Pi

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Agreed. This is a really important issue.

I'd like to encourage everyone to release training material under a "Creative Commons attribution only" licence for their country e.g for if you're based in England and Wales this would be this Creative Commons licence ( or a public domain style licence) when placed online for others to share.

Also please make a note of how you want to be attributed e.g. "Photo by Joe Smith" or "Credit: ABC Ltd"

There are some really beautiful images, 3D renders, videos etc out there and it will help educational institutions and teachers save time and money if they can easily create teaching resources based upon images, text etc from others.

We should try and compile a directory of teaching and training material in this forum ( or has this started) and also applaud people who are willing to share under an open education licence.

Return to “Staffroom, classroom and projects”