moojuiceuk

Pi TV Hat questions

Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:46 am

Just got a Pi TV hat working - so far so good.

Does anyone know what the 2-pin header on the PCB is used for that I've circled in red below...?
pitv.jpg
pitv.jpg (31.93 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
Is it possible to use more than 1 tuner card stacked up? Can multiple devices share an SPI bus?

Can it also receive DAB radio streams? Looking at the spec, VHF Band III is supported (174 - 230MHz) which is the same frequency allocation as DAB in the UK. If so, what software is used for that?

Has anyone managed to exploit the Sony chip as a true SDR and if so, what frequencies can it cover?

noggin

Re: Pi TV Hat questions

Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:00 pm

I asked. It's apparently for programming the HAT ID EEPROM with the correct contents during manufacture. Nothing useful for end users.

Official HATs have an ID EEPROM that is read via I2C so that the Pi knows which HAT is connected and loads the correct drivers/device tree?

ViacheslavGrytsyk

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:56 am

Hello to All!

Can I get data from CXD2880 about Signal Quality such as MER (Modulation Error Ratio)? SNR (Signal-to-Noise Ratio) and CNR (Carrier-to-Noise Ratio) as additional parameters of quality. How if possible? Thanks!

jaket91

Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Did anybody discover whether multiple TV hats can be connected to the GPIO of the same Pi?

DougieLawson

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 am

jaket91 wrote:
Did anybody discover whether multiple TV hats can be connected to the GPIO of the same Pi?
They can't work because both would use the same SPI chip select/chip enable pin unless you can change the hardware (which isn't possible for a hobbyist).

If you look in https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/bl ... verlay.dts you'll see which pins are used.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

JanSyk

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi
I´m solving similar problem with not working raspberry TV tuner
Actual configuration is:
RPi3 + hifiberry Digi+ and Raspberry TV tuner
If there is connected only RPi3 and raspberry TV tuner without hifiberry Digi + it is working, but all together I can´t see in TVheadend any tuners.
I think problem is how to switch raspberry TV tuner to second raspberry SPI port (Hifiberry also working over SPI)
My logs:
https://paste.osmc.tv/ehakidogol
Anybody have same configuration?
Thanks for your help
Jan

hippy

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:26 pm

DougieLawson wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:29 am
jaket91 wrote:
They can't work because both would use the same SPI chip select/chip enable pin unless you can change the hardware (which isn't possible for a hobbyist).
I don't see why it isn't possible for a hobyist. Hardware-wise it would be easy enough to build a T-shaped strip-board / vero-board / PCB construct which routes GPIO to two or more tuners with separate SPI enable to each.. And there may be add-ons available which can do that.

As to whether any software would support that having done it; I have no idea.

cellipo

Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:22 am

JanSyk wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:04 pm
Hi
I´m solving similar problem with not working raspberry TV tuner
Actual configuration is:
RPi3 + hifiberry Digi+ and Raspberry TV tuner
If there is connected only RPi3 and raspberry TV tuner without hifiberry Digi + it is working, but all together I can´t see in TVheadend any tuners.
I think problem is how to switch raspberry TV tuner to second raspberry SPI port (Hifiberry also working over SPI)
My logs:
https://paste.osmc.tv/ehakidogol
Anybody have same configuration?
Thanks for your help
Jan
Hi,
JanSyk did you solve the problem? i am in the same situation with a pi tv hat and a hifiberry digi+ pro.
the hifiberry seems to work fine while the tv hat disappeared from tvheadend.
Anyone does know how to make these two hats working togheter?

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”