huddling

Smaller display?

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:32 am

Hi,

I need a smaller display, around 6x4cm? where might I be able to find a display that size and would it be possible just to reuse an old calculator display?

Thanks! :)

tinylcd

Re: Smaller display?

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:40 am

hello

you can visit www.neosecsolutions.com

and check if any of the displays there

can meet your requirement

regards
tinylcd

karrika

Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:18 am

You can also search for 4.3" rear view monitors from ebay (around €16). They come with a nice stand for the monitor and plugs into the analog monitor pins on the Pi. So the monitor does not take up any GPIO pins. The resolution is said to be 480 x 272. In order to use it with a shell you need to use a bigger font. These works well for emulating old handheld consoles and for information displays. No touchscreen capability. I already have two displays in use with PiZero. You can solder the display directly to the TV pins on PiZero.
https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... eo-outputs

These monitors use 12V so I have a 12V power supply and drop the power down to 5 V for the Pi.

PiGraham

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:12 am

There a lots of cheap small TFT displays around that use SPI bus on gpio. Common sizes from 2 to 4 inches.
Some plug onto the gpio header like a HAT. Many could be connected by a few wires.

You could use a 5 hdmi screen that plugs onto gpio and links to hemi.

Composite input reversing screens give poor image quality with hard to read text. They are easy to use. I recommend a digital solution.

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”