for a project I made a small baseboard which piggy-backs a Raspberry B+ (and A+, haven't checked Pi2 and Pi3 yet) on the back of a 5" display. The basic idea was to have a very compact way to mount a Raspberry on a display, and that package into some hole you cut into a custom casing. I need dozens to hundreds for my own project, but maybe it's suitable for the general public, too.
- Display resolution 800x480, 24bit, 110mm x 67mm display/touch area.
- Capacitive 5-point multitouch; a driver is included as simple, stupid, heavily commented linux kernel source code (against 3.10.28, but should work with later versions, too).
- Dimable LED backlight. Done with a PCA9530, simple control program source included.
- Display, backlight controller and and touch controller connect to HDMI, all other ports of the Pi are available to the user, no IRQ pins or configuration required.
- Low profile —13mm from front to Raspberry mount studs on the back—, frame 121mm x 71 mm, outer dimensions (touch glass) 127mm x 86mm.
- Small-size HDMI to FPC adapter and FPC included, does fit into frame size when plugged.
- SD card plugged into the Raspberry fits within the frame, same with plugged ethernet or USB cables, it's all very compact.
- Four 2,5mm mount studs for the Raspberry Pi B+ (and A+, Pi2, Pi3), 10mm extention studs can be used to mount any other I/O module on top of the Pi.
- Powered through the mounted Pi's 5V/GND test points, other power source not required.
- Needs about 200mA from 5V at full brightness.
- Ten mount holes for mounting the whole package into a casing, spacer included. Can be used with 2,5mm nuts and bolts, cramps or similar.
- (Optional: 8 Ohms 0,5W mono amplifier connected to the analog audio output test point. I need this for my project but not sure whether other people find it useful.)
People who are interested, please just take the price poll and/or give a comment. No kickstart required. This stuff is already done, the only decision I have to make if I get myself into additional trouble by selling it to the general public.