rezaarifandee

Need help with 7 inch display board (PCB800099 V9)

Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:17 pm

So, 2 days ago, i bought a 7 inch LCD kit with touch screen and the controller board.
I power the board with a 12V 0.5A power supply.
Everything worked pretty good, until yesterday the LCD start to turn off randomly and i have to manually turn it on again.
So i thought that my power supply is need more Amps (as most of people use 12V 1A, but i see some people use 5V 1A and worked).
This morning i buy a 12V 1A power supply, i connect it and it worked for about 20 second, then the LCD turning off again.
Then i saw my power supply light is flickering, so i immediately disconnect the power and found out that the chip (RTD2660H) is getting very very hot.
I tried to resetting the power like the old power supply, but still, no luck (and yes, the ic still getting hot even if the new power supply light does not flicker).
I tried to use the old power supply but there is something strange, this time my old power supply light is dimming.
I had been searching a lot today (hell, i wasted the whole day trying to figure what is the problem) and asking my friends, my friends said that it could be a short (but i dont see anything shorted) or too much current, but i still do not know what happen here.

So... help me.... =(

mjm058

Re: Need help with 7 inch display board (PCB800099 V9)

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:19 am

I'm very sorry to bring you this news but I know from personal experience with this exact board. You have absolutely blown the board :( I made the same mistake and unfortunately the only answer is another one. Mine did the exact same thing and no matter what voltage you put to it, it just gets really hot and does nothing.

tinylcd

Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:35 am

Hello

Next time if you are considering for a higher resolution 1024x600 pixel display

than you can consider below display

it works on 5V power supply only

the power supply is provided along with the display

and your PI also is powered from same 5Volts

so you also save on power supply cost

http://www.neosecsolutions.com//product ... 8&cPath=21

regards
tinylcd

BrunoCr

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi,

I found this board along with cables and screen in a box full of hardware I bought.
But it lacks documentation so I don't know how to use it with my RasPi or even where to plug the cables... Can any of you help me ?

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”