Anxious

Question: I2C, How much do the hardware drivers do?

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:17 pm

So, I don't have the best oscilloscope around so I am very limited in cheking the IC2 Signals I will get.

I plan to connect a device which uses NMAK and MAK aswell as the usual AK ( Not Master Acknowledge , Master Acknowledge, Acknowledge )

So I want to ask: Do I write the Acknowledge to the port by myself with the write function of temios.h or is that beeing done by the driver. Aswell as, do I need to take care of MAK or NMAK or will the driver do that for me?

Additionally, My I2C Device I want to communicate with demands another Start condition after the Sub Adress. ( It uses a master address for device identification and sub address for register identification ). How can the PI I2C Device produce such? Can I utilize termios.h ?

-----

Im sorry It didnt take long enough for someone to reply. But atleast you will have it in your archieves now.

I found the solution over here: http://scummos.blogspot.de/2012/11/rasp ... start.html

clicky

Re: Question: I2C, How much do the hardware drivers do?

Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:38 pm

I've just checked the link you gave briefly and didn't get most of the answer you were looking for. Would you mind summarising what you learned from that blog in here?

Return to “Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.)”