RichardEb

Water proof reliable temperature probe

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:55 pm

Hey

I'm using a DS18B20 temp probe that I ordered from a shop in china. The first time the accuracy was good enough. But after some months it's getting more and more worse. Some reads have a inaccuracy from more than one degree now. Absolutly inacceptable.

Can you suggest any Water proof reliable temperature probe that is compatible with the raspberry pi without a Arduino and without making a custom circuit by myself (for an analog probe) Or a shop / manufacturer where I can buy areliable DS18B20?

Thank you.

JohnsUPS

Re: Water proof reliable temperature probe

Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:55 pm

The sensor that you have is probably a knock-off/fake. There are a lot of them out there, especially if ordered from China. I have run into this issue myself.

Do yourself a favor and spend a dollar or two more on sensors from a reliable seller, such as Digi-Key or Mouser. These larger companies source directly from the manufacturer, and you will get authentic parts that will perform as expected.

pcmanbob

Re: Water proof reliable temperature probe

Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:38 pm

I resorted to dismantling the waterproof sensors I had and then reusing the cable and sensor tube with some known good DS18B20 TO-92 sensors, remaking the waterproof ones with my own heatsink compound and heat shrink tubing.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

Return to “Interfacing (DSI, CSI, I2C, etc.)”