redpotatoes

Re: Surveillance camera based on BuildRoot and Motion

Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:30 am

I ve been using motion on my pi3 for several weeks without any issues. Played around with configs to tweak motion. Without having made any changes apart from configuring email on motion detection, my .avi are now playing x3 realtime video. I looked everywhere in my confif file but I have no clue what can make this.

Something about the encoder ? Anyone experienced this ? I use to have videos playback at a normal speed at the same fps I have set but now its all in fast forward.

thanks,

twaeker

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:37 am

It appears the question has been asked several times but never answered. How do I get to the data when I get this: 'motioneye failed to get pictures list'. System is Pi Zero W with MotioneyeOS. Otherwise great bit of software.

creampie

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:14 pm

There are several options available:
  • Shutdown the Pi, plug the SD card into a PC and browse the file system and find your files. Then copy them to your PC and browse them locally; or
  • "ssh" to your Pi (typically, login is admin, password same as your admin password for the motion software), find where the files are located and use "scp" from your machine to copy the files to your machine;
It might be advisable, once the files are copied across, to delete the files on the Pi. However, I don't know if motion will barf if this happens (as a precautionary measure, copy across files from their root folder so that they're preserved and copy back if motion doesn't like what you've done.

I've received this error too, it's not from lack of disk space - perhaps there's too many images for motion to handle and a timeout occurs. You could try posting to the github project for motion to inform them and raise an issue?

Return to “Camera board”