mikerr

Re: Surveillance camera based on BuildRoot and Motion

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:10 pm

ccrisan wrote:Approximately how many images do you have? Working with many pictures over a samba share can often prove to be very slow. If you don't think you have a considerable number of pictures, then I'd like to see your motioneye.log file after such an error.
Oops, one day has 15,000+ images :oops: :mrgreen: :)

Code: Select all

% ls /data/output
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         24576 Feb 15 15:28 2015-02-15/
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         12288 Feb 16 18:58 2015-02-16/
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root        503808 Feb 19 18:23 2015-02-17/
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         20480 Feb 19 19:17 2015-02-19/

% ls-l | wc -l  /data/output/2015-02-17/

The other days folders only have 500 or so each.

The Web gui won't open the folder list either, so I can't view ANY days footage, not just the excessive day's folder.
(I can view them over samba though, and have changed config so I can delete over samba too)

motioneye.log sys
"5-02-19 18:49:24: ERROR: timeout waiting for the media listing process to finish"
Last edited by mikerr on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Android app - Raspi Card Imager - download and image SD cards - No PC required !

karma007

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:09 pm

Hello,

i want to thank you for this beautiful MotioPie. I want to report some few bugs (last version) on my raspberry pi model B :

- Motion Detection if off -> i still get email alerts sometimes (still images is off too).
- i cannot run a command to remote raspberry pi using ssh pi@192.168.1.x -> i cannot install certificates (getting error : "Could not create directory '/root/.ssh': Read-only file system" or "Could not create directory '/root/.ssh'."
- when using a shared network to save movies/pics, sometimes the file has a size of 0 bytes.
- i don't why on email alerts, sometimes captures are attached (1, 2, 3) and sometimes, none.
- when i try to log using my iphone, i have this error / blank page on a new window when bad password : {"prompt": true, "error": unauthorized} (but i have not this error accessing from my computer)

thanks !

ccrisan

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:28 am

- Motion Detection if off -> i still get email alerts sometimes (still images is off too).
It happened to me as well, right after boot, if it sensed some motion. I think it cannot disable motion detection fast enough at startup.
- i cannot run a command to remote raspberry pi using ssh pi@192.168.1.x -> i cannot install certificates (getting error : "Could not create directory '/root/.ssh': Read-only file system" or "Could not create directory '/root/.ssh'."
- when using a shared network to save movies/pics, sometimes the file has a size of 0 bytes.
If you need to add your ssh public key to your motionPie, you could remount the root partition read-write first.
No idea.
- i don't why on email alerts, sometimes captures are attached (1, 2, 3) and sometimes, none.
It depends on the number of pictures it is able to capture around the moment of the event. It searches for pictures within a time frame of 5 seconds (by default) and it attaches whatever pictures it finds.
- when i try to log using my iphone, i have this error / blank page on a new window when bad password : {"prompt": true, "error": unauthorized} (but i have not this error accessing from my computer)
No idea.
karma007 wrote:Hello,

i want to thank you for this beautiful MotioPie. I want to report some few bugs (last version) on my raspberry pi model B :

thanks !

Saffik

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:54 am

Hi ccrisan,

Just a quick question regarding motionpi releases. As you now have many different versions for pi and pi2, bananapi etc....

Which ones go on what boards?

* motionpie-20150215.img.gz <---- Is this for RPI (1) B+
* motionpie-raspberrypi-20150215.img.gz <----as well as this one?
* motionpie-raspberrypi2-20150215.img.gz

What is the difference between the first and second. I can see from the name that the third one is intended for Rpi 2.

ccrisan

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:57 am

I admit this is a bit confusing :) The first and the second are the exact same file. The first one is kept for the sake of compatibility with older versions of motionPie that were available only for the old Raspberry PI, and whose update mechanism would look for a file with that name (i.e. without -raspberrypi).
Saffik wrote:Hi ccrisan,

Just a quick question regarding motionpi releases. As you now have many different versions for pi and pi2, bananapi etc....

Which ones go on what boards?

* motionpie-20150215.img.gz <---- Is this for RPI (1) B+
* motionpie-raspberrypi-20150215.img.gz <----as well as this one?
* motionpie-raspberrypi2-20150215.img.gz

What is the difference between the first and second. I can see from the name that the third one is intended for Rpi 2.

karma007

Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:40 am

Hello, and thank you for your answers. I'm using it since 2 days.
-> when login is incorrect, a json file is dowloaded (on iphone with chrome, or PC with IE) -> don't have this problem with chrome on PC

I have noticed few other bugs :
- email alert with one email is ok. But, when i tried to put an email alert with 2 emails, i used ";" instead of "," and then i got a command line like this : /programs/motioneye/sendmail.py "smtp-mail.outlook.com" "587" ....... (append before my command line) and all the email paremeters went to blank

- motion detection is on, still images is on, -> a red square seems to tell me that a movement have been detected, but i've got no images and no email. I think it's red, but there is no real motion, is that possible ?

- if i had 4 cameras, and delete camera 2 and 3, i have this erros in motionpie.log :
could not open camera config file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/data/etc/thread-2.conf'
-> in that directory, i have only thread-1.conf and thread-4.conf

- if i want to put the name of the camera using a hashtag, (#cam1) then the name of the cam in the email alert is empty ""

- if i add a a public camera, the name in the email alert refers to my picam (camera2/mp-633xxx)-> sorry, mp-xxxx is not the camera, it's the hostname

One suggestion (for the moment :) ) : it would be nice to have a parameter to limit the size of the movies (to reduce the time to send an alert)

thank you :)
Last edited by karma007 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ccrisan

Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:36 pm

-> when login is incorrect, a json file is dowloaded (on iphone with chrome, or PC with IE) -> don't have this problem with chrome on PC
May it be that those browsers (on those platforms) don't know about json and treat it like a file to be downloaded? I tried it with IE9 and IE10 and it appears to work just fine in Windows 7.
- email alert with one email is ok. But, when i tried to put an email alert with 2 emails, i used ";" instead of "," and then i got a command line like this : /programs/motioneye/sendmail.py "smtp-mail.outlook.com" "587" ....... (append before my command line) and all the email paremeters went to blank
Don't use ";" as it's the command separator. I will make sure to disallow it and validate the UI field accordingly.
- motion detection is on, still images is on, -> a red square seems to tell me that a movement have been detected, but i've got no images and no email. I think it's red, but there is no real motion, is that possible ?
There's a "gap" setting that determines the amount of "silence" between two motion events. You will only get a notification at the beginning of the event. Then, in order to start another motion event, you need to not move for at least "gap" seconds.
- if i had 4 cameras, and delete camera 2 and 3, i have this erros in motionpie.log :
could not open camera config file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/data/etc/thread-2.conf'
Bummer. I'll see what I can do about that.

karma007 wrote:Hello, and thank you for your answers. I'm using it since 2 days.

I have noticed few other bugs :

One suggestion (for the moment :) ) : it would be nice to have a parameter to limit the size of the movies (to reduce the time to send an alert)

thank you :)

karma007

Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:45 pm

May it be that those browsers (on those platforms) don't know about json and treat it like a file to be downloaded?
I tried it with IE9 and IE10 and it appears to work just fine in Windows 7.
-> yes, tested on IE11 ans chrome for iphone or ipad
There's a "gap" setting that determines the amount of "silence" between two motion events. You will only get a notification at the beginning of the event. Then, in order to start another motion event, you need to not move for at least "gap" seconds.

I undestand this gap. The problem is that there is no "real movement" and the red square appears sometimes (like if a motion was detected), but no movies or images are saved.
- if i want to put the name of the camera using a hashtag, (#cam1) then the name of the cam in the email alert is empty ""
Sorry, i added this one when you were answering :)

Suggestion : it would be nice to have a parameter to limit the size of the movies (so we can see a first movie if we receive an alert, and we don't have to wait the stop of the motion, thanks -> i think there is a parameter for that in motion)
many thanks for this great job !

ccrisan

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Hello,

I have been working on a new motionPie version that incorporates many features related to system settings and board-specific tweaks. The idea was to replace the writeimage.sh script (which is not accessible to everyone) with an in-program list of "expert" settings that will allow users to toy with these otherwise hidden options:
* static IP configuration
* network/link watches and reboot-on-failure mechanisms
* service configuration (FTP, SMB, SSH)
* custom TCP port
* custom motion binary (e.g. motion-mmal)
* CSI camera led
* overclocking & GPU memory split

There are many, many changes that have probably introduced bugs, and this is why 20150228 is a prerelease (no automatic updates to this version). Please test it and help me chase down the bugs so I can do a stable release.

Minglarn

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Fantastic work!
As a noob in the Raspberry community i wonder if it is possible to implement a RTSP stream instead of HTTP stream?

Best regards.

karma007

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:15 pm

thank you so much !

is motion-mmal faster for raspicam ? i can't see the difference with motion.
i's hard for my rasp B to have more than 5 frames / second .... and i have a lot of "sleep" in the pictures in the interface or movies.

thanks

ccrisan

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:34 am

From my experience, motion-mmal is marginally faster than normal motion. It won't make a difference when it comes to performance, however. You're free to experiment with it - just grab 20150228 and, under Expert Settings, change the motion binary to /usr/bin/motion-mmal.
karma007 wrote:thank you so much !

i's hard for my rasp B to have more than 5 frames / second .... and i have a lot of "sleep" in the pictures in the interface or movies.

thanks

teeth_03

Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:08 pm

so how many other cameras can you add to the interface of 1 camera before it comes a problem?

ccrisan

Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:31 pm

Between 1 and 10 cameras, depending on what you consider to be "problem" and on the version of the Raspberry PI.
teeth_03 wrote:so how many other cameras can you add to the interface of 1 camera before it comes a problem?

Thaui

Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:42 am

Dies anybody know how to change the Armin user Name? The user Name is no Problem but Armin seems to be a fixed Name. I am missing something?

hairynoggin

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:21 am

you have to switch on the advanced settings.....

[Dies anybody know how to change the Armin user Name? The user Name is no Problem but Armin seems to be a fixed Name. I am missing something?]

ccrisan

Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:42 am

You cannot change the admin username (not anymore). You don't need to. I hope you meant "admin" and "armin" was just a typo.
Thaui wrote:Dies anybody know how to change the Armin user Name? The user Name is no Problem but Armin seems to be a fixed Name. I am missing something?

karma007

Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:12 pm

Hello,

I have an issue with MotionPie and my picam : everthing was working fine, and since yesterday, i've got no image of my pi cam and i saw this error : "bcm2835-v4l2: error -1 while loading driver"

in motioneye.log : failed to open /dev/video0; No such file or directory
i have a picam and rasp model B
i have tried to reattach the ribbon but no luck. Can it be a power issue (i'm not using any usb hub) ?

my config.txt :
start_file=start.elf
fixup_file=fixup.elf
arm_freq=800
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6
gpu_mem_256=128
gpu_mem_512=128
disable_camera_led=0

thanks for your help

karma007

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:30 pm

karma007 wrote:Hello,

I have an issue with MotionPie and my picam : everthing was working fine, and since yesterday, i've got no image of my pi cam and i saw this error : "bcm2835-v4l2: error -1 while loading driver"

in motioneye.log : failed to open /dev/video0; No such file or directory
i have a picam and rasp model B
i have tried to reattach the ribbon but no luck. Can it be a power issue (i'm not using any usb hub) ?

my config.txt :
start_file=start.elf
fixup_file=fixup.elf
arm_freq=800
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6
gpu_mem_256=128
gpu_mem_512=128
disable_camera_led=0

thanks for your help
ok it was the connector like a "tag" in the picam that was not well connected.

karma007

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:46 pm

ccrisan wrote:From my experience, motion-mmal is marginally faster than normal motion. It won't make a difference when it comes to performance, however. You're free to experiment with it - just grab 20150228 and, under Expert Settings, change the motion binary to /usr/bin/motion-mmal.
karma007 wrote:thank you so much !

thanks
Hello, i noticed that my movies have only 2 ou 3 frames / second and the movies recorded are accelerated.
Example : it starts at 12:00 and ends at 12h30 -> the real length is 20 seconds instead of 30.
is that a problem of motion that motion-mmal can solve ?

thanks

betocerda

Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:39 pm

Great piece of software, I was able to setup 2 Foscams IP Cams (FI8905W and FI8904W) with no problems, I will run it for a week and let's see what happens.

kagspie

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:24 am

Dozer wrote:I also cannot get motionpie to use my Synology NAS for file storage.
I've tried for hours and it's probably something really simple but I'm stuck. I've read a previous post but it's not worked for me.
My NAS is setup for SMB as my partner uses it for connection of her mobile devices.
The path for the folder I want to save to is

I set Network Server as: '192.166.3.106' which is the NAS IP address.
I set Share Name as 'volume1'.
I set Share Username as 'motionpie' which is the new user I've setup on my NAS.
Password is set for the above username.
I set Root Directory as 'motionpie' which is the shared folder on my NAS that I wan the videos to be saved to.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid request, but can anyone help?
Thank you.
What settings were successful for you did you use because I also cant get my motionpie to connect to my synology 412+.
I cant PM you because this is my first post.

A.

kagspie

Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:54 am

I'm running Motionpie 20150112 on a Rasp B with Rasp Camera as a possible surveillance camera.

Trying to get up the camera to take a series of stills rather than video which ultimately will save to a shared folder on my synology NAS which in turn will be copied to google drive via the cloud sync app. (cant save to the NAS at all yet - different problem)

My difficulty is that I cant seem to get more than one photo taken per second despite changing frame rates and they are always blurred. Specifically if I walk past the camera at a distance of 5m, turn back and walk past again all images of blurred background is crystal clear.

Does the exposure time of the individual stills change at all when you change frame rates ? Will any settings create a frozen blur free still taken indoors with normal room lighting walking perpendicular to camera at 5m distance ?

A.

Ive tried changing frame rate to 640x480 and frame rate 30 and video

kagspie

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:22 pm

Synology NAS Motionpie settings that worked to upload to a folder I had created /Public/upload.

Network Server 192.168.1.X
Share name Public/upload
Share username AAA
Share password XXX
Root Directory /

This might seem obvious but I spent hours banging trying to solve this trying to work our where to put volume1.

mad_marko

Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Hi all - is there a way of adding the ex - night switch in motionpie please?

Return to “Camera board”