poing

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Not sure what light is used if it was night and not artificial ;)

Anyway, even in daytime you can see quick color changes when the WB is set to auto. Whit a fixed white balance and consistent lighting (like daylight or normal glow bulbs, not fluorescent tubes) the color should be stable but isn't, or wasn't until a few days ago; see http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/viewto ... 75#p521928 I'm not sure if that change was already passed to the programs we use.
Last edited by poing on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slabua

Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Thanks for the link, it seems related but I'm not sure. Though, it deterministically happens anytime I switch back and forth between v3.0 and 3.3. Also it should be related only to the white balance settings, although I see some change also in the auto exposure one. Not sure how to debug it better.
Salvatore La Bua - www.slblabs.com
DICGIM - University of Palermo, Italy

slabua

Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:03 pm

Furthermore, it seems like a bug i was experiencing between v3.0 and v.3.2 is back, and only visible in 16:9 standard FOV mode, with 90° and 270° rotation.
Some area at the left of the frame has a different speed response than the rest of the frame. To visualise it, just try moving any object in front of the camera fast enough to be shown in that area of the frame.

silvanmelchior

Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:39 pm

@jbeale: Well, I suppose if you need motion detection at night you need to reconfigure motion to capture images instead of videos, because with 1fps in night mode you can't record videos (and if you do, it changes to 25fps and you won't see anything).

@jarrah31: I changed the framerate of the preview to 0, so the driver is allowed to make longer shutter times in preview mode.

@poing: To be honest, I don't see quick color changes with auto WB and conistent lighting (weak daylight). Does anybody else have this problem?

@slabua: Unfortunately I can't reproduce your bugs, my 90° and 270° rotated full FOV seems to work (I move the camera around and everything seems to update at the same time). Does anybody else have this problem?

slabua

Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:59 pm

@silvanmelchior I can quite survive about the rotation bug, also if I noticed it correctly, rotating the view crops a bit more than having the original camera view (or maybe i didn't pay much attention to it) so I now prefer whenever I can to position the camera straight up and get full advantage of it.
Also, contrarily to what @poing said and in agreement with you, I'm not having quick colour changes either, but when daylight starts to dim, namely since mid afternoon, it seems like the auto exposure can't keep up with it, giving me much darker frames compared to v3.0, and at the same time the auto white balance keeps the tone quite greenish. I thing this sums up pretty much all the "issues" I'm having after v3.0.

@jbeale sometimes I also get image corruption that triggers motion, but so far only at the bottom right area, either just on the timestamp, or extending up to half frame from the right. I tried to set netcam to cam_pic.php and to cam.jpg but I didn't see any difference.

Respectech

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:17 am

@SilvanMelchior: Once again I say, you are a genius!

I checked out the page at http://elinux.org/RPi-Cam-Web-Interface to try to find the list of command line parameters for raspimjpeg, but I didn't see a complete list or explanation of what they are.

I also ran --help and -? after raspimjpeg with no success.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of parameters to raspimjpeg?

Questionario

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:28 am

Hi,

just installed this and it works well.
It does change the rotation on me sometimes but if I just click on the rotation again it rotates again

I do have some feature suggestions (please correct me if this already exists):
- central config file for standard settings you can already set in the web-UI or even better, save it directly from the web-UI
- pan/tilt integration for http://openelectrons.com/index.php?modu ... PAGE_id=15
- save all files frequently modified into ram (not just the image), I believe there is a constantly updated status file for example?
- being able to set save directories from the above mentioned config file (most of the time this would either want to be saved on an external usb-drive or a network drive)
- show a timestamp somewhere (just to see if the process is still alive) as it already happened to me, some process crashes but web-UI still works and shows an old picture all the time. of course if it would somehow verify it is still alive, that would be nice too =)

I do have the issue that with fixedfps the image gets all different colors, I basically just want the shutter time to be a maximum of 0.5sec

slabua

Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:29 am

Respectech wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a list of parameters to raspimjpeg?
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/silva ... piMJPEG.md

yvonnezoe

Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:59 am

Hi! May I know the framework or structure or the back-end processor (i don't really know what the term is called) of this camera app? What I mean is, how does the command flow (into the server or something like that?) ? and what are the core things that actually make all the app work?

Sorry that my question may not be very clear because i really don't know how it works so I don't know what terms should I use. I tried the camera app (follow instruction step by step) and it was working awesome! But I want to learn more about how it works at the back end.

Thank you! :D
Just started my Raspberry Pi journey >> http://yvonnezoe.wordpress.com

Respectech

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:04 pm

I looked through the command-line options at
but I can't seem to find any way to change the h264 resolution and framerate. Am I missing something? Or does it record h264 at a default resolution and frame rate?

emporium

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:05 pm

First of all, thanks for this awesome project.

It works very well and I would like it was a bit more customizable.

I miss a configuration file where you can specify resolution and frame rate of video recording, and also a customizable format for the name of captured videos and images.

If it isn't possible, this project is still amazing.

Thank you.

andycrofts

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Thanks!
Don't need to say much else.

poing

Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:59 pm

emporium wrote:First of all, thanks for this awesome project.

It works very well and I would like it was a bit more customizable.

I miss a configuration file where you can specify resolution and frame rate of video recording, and also a customizable format for the name of captured videos and images.

If it isn't possible, this project is still amazing.

Thank you.
I combine the preview from this project and the actual recording with this one: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 43&t=56209 where you can start raspistill/vid with a webpage and can use all the parameters the two progs accept. At this time you have to change the php files to configure the wanted command line so it's not really easy to change, but it gives more options than this project.

jbeale

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Respectech wrote:I looked through the command-line options at
but I can't seem to find any way to change the h264 resolution and framerate. Am I missing something? Or does it record h264 at a default resolution and frame rate?
I believe RaspiMJPEG is hard-coded to record video at one of three different sizes, depending on the selected aspect ratio:
Here is the code: https://github.com/silvanmelchior/userl ... spiMJPEG.c

Code: Select all

if(preview_mode == RES_16_9_STD) {
    video_width = 1920;
    video_height = 1080;
  }
  else if(preview_mode == RES_16_9_WIDE) {
    video_width = 1296;
    video_height = 730;
  }
  else {
    video_width = 1296;
    video_height = 976;
  }

Mrbcsimpson

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:22 pm

I have notice that adding an .htaccess/.htpasswd file to password the web interface disables the ability to use the motion detection feature.
Does anyone else appear to have this issue, or indeed a workaround?

jbeale

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Mrbcsimpson wrote:I have notice that adding an .htaccess/.htpasswd file to password the web interface disables the ability to use the motion detection feature. Does anyone else appear to have this issue, or indeed a workaround?
That may be because the "motion" program gets the MJPEG image through the webserver (/etc/motion/motion.conf: netcam_url http://localhost/cam_pic.php ) instead of a simple file copy. Originally the program used the filesystem direct, but it had problems with unsynchronized access such that the JPEG would be loading while the other process deleted it, so the image 'motion' got would sometimes become half-blank and that would cause a false motion trigger. That was fixed by grabbing it through the webserver. But motion is not set up to enter a password, it think.

Maybe the web server can be configured to require passwords for remote hosts, but allow localhost to work without passwords?

(I also might be quite wrong about what the actual problem is, I have not tried to do password protection myself.)
Last edited by jbeale on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

slabua

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Mrbcsimpson wrote:I have notice that adding an .htaccess/.htpasswd file to password the web interface disables the ability to use the motion detection feature.
Does anyone else appear to have this issue, or indeed a workaround?
There should be the motion directive "netcam_userpass value", but I also haven't gotten it to work yet. (I'm using lighttpd though, without .htaccess/.htpasswd files, but the concept should be exactly the same).

UPDATE: it actually works : ) the syntax is

Code: Select all

netcam_userpass user:password
in plain text.
Last edited by slabua on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mrbcsimpson

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:36 pm

jbeale wrote:
Mrbcsimpson wrote:I have notice that adding an .htaccess/.htpasswd file to password the web interface disables the ability to use the motion detection feature. Does anyone else appear to have this issue, or indeed a workaround?
That may be because the "motion" program gets the MJPEG image through the webserver (http://localhost/ ) instead of a simple file copy. Originally the program used the filesystem direct, but it had problems with unsynchronized access such that the JPEG would be loading while the other process deleted it, so the image would be half-blank and that would cause a false motion trigger. That was fixed by grabbing it through the webserver. But motion is not set up to enter a password, it think.

Maybe the web server can be configured to require passwords for remote hosts, but allow localhost to work without passwords?
That makes sense, thanks for the good explanation. I like the idea of a web-based CCTV option and don't mind people having a play with the interface but for full external control a password would be grand.

gaggaman

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi!

I'd like to take a still picture every 15 Seconds. As far as I understand, the camera is busy when RPi-Cam is running, so raspistill is not working. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

slabua

Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:48 pm

gaggaman wrote:Hi!
I'd like to take a still picture every 15 Seconds.
There's the timelapse function available from the interface, if you don't have it you are probably running an old version.

spencergs

Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Hello,

How can I uninstall this? I was hoping this would produce an actual MJPEG stream, so I need to try other solutions. I've done ./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh autostart_no and the rc.local looks clean. However the webserver still runs.

Thanks!

mad-hatter

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Hello,

This command will stop it running at start up.
./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh autostart_no
and reboot.

./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh stop

To start it again
./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh start

Regards

jarrah31

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:10 pm

spencergs wrote:Hello,

How can I uninstall this? I was hoping this would produce an actual MJPEG stream, so I need to try other solutions. I've done ./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh autostart_no and the rc.local looks clean. However the webserver still runs.

Thanks!
./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh remove

(this will delete everything in /var/www/)

Trixster

Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:48 am

Chaps, I like the idea of it requiring a password to access the interface externally. I've got it setup so that I can access the camera remotely using no-ip. How to go about adding a login and password? Sorry if this is a bit lame, I'm quite new to this!

poing

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:08 am

Google htaccess password.

Return to “Camera board”