pumpkinpi
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:51 am

Thanks for the advice folks. I have been playing with it. I have not quite got it working the way I want it. It might be a permissions thing on my external drive. It does not seem to want to create the subfolders. I will report back on what works.

PPi.
Last edited by pumpkinpi on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GOPI56
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:13 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi All,
I would like to remove the time lapse start button and motion detection start button from the web interface. How can I do that ?

btidey
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:19 pm

pumpkinpi wrote:Thanks for the advice folks. I have been playing with it. I have not quite got it working the way I want it. It might be a permissions thing on my external drive. It does not seem to want to create the subfolders. I will report back on what works.

PPi.
Folders that this interface uses need user www-data to have write permissions. When you mount an external drive onto existing folders then the external folders need to have those permissions as well.

btidey
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:25 pm

GOPI56 wrote:Hi All,
I would like to remove the time lapse start button and motion detection start button from the web interface. How can I do that ?
The user interface for the main screen is all contained in index.php so you need to edit that. Note this is the run time copy that is under the /var/www install point.

The buttons are defined around line 200

Rather than remove them I would set their style so they don't display. These will avoid any side effects elsewhere.

style="display:none;"'

snirhordan
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:08 pm

Scheduling Configuration

Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi!

I am trying to change the configuration settings in the uconfig folder to save the video on a directory of my choice- a removable HDD.

The problem is that it doesn't let me save the settings when changing the document.

Does anyone have a solution?

Maybe through the browser?
:D :D

Thanks!!

btidey
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: Scheduling Configuration

Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:29 pm

snirhordan wrote:Hi!

I am trying to change the configuration settings in the uconfig folder to save the video on a directory of my choice- a removable HDD.

The problem is that it doesn't let me save the settings when changing the document.

Does anyone have a solution?

Maybe through the browser?
:D :D

Thanks!!
It is much better to mount the HDD at the logical folder already used e.g. /var/www/html/media. That way the settings stay the same but the data actually gets stored on the HDD.

This is achieved by adding a mount for the HDD in fstab

User avatar
Ram.Sh
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:23 pm

I've been successfully using "RPi Cam Web Interface" for a few days now with the Raspberry Camera module, however I do need to have audio as well, what is the best solution (if possible) to make it happen?

Thanks much for the good work!!
Cheers,
Ram.

btidey
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:45 am

Ram.Sh wrote:I've been successfully using "RPi Cam Web Interface" for a few days now with the Raspberry Camera module, however I do need to have audio as well, what is the best solution (if possible) to make it happen?

Thanks much for the good work!!
Cheers,
Ram.
There is currently no easy way to integrate audio in as well. Some have achieved this by using the job macro facility. So a start_vid macro is used to start an audio recording and an end_vid macro is used to stop the recording. An end_box macro is then used to run a command to integrate the audio recording into the mp4 video. Tricky part is getting decent sync between the audio and the video. This is easier if no video buffering is used.

snirhordan
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Scheduling Configuration

Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:24 pm

btidey wrote:
snirhordan wrote:Hi!

I am trying to change the configuration settings in the uconfig folder to save the video on a directory of my choice- a removable HDD.

The problem is that it doesn't let me save the settings when changing the document.

Does anyone have a solution?

Maybe through the browser?
:D :D

Thanks!!
It is much better to mount the HDD at the logical folder already used e.g. /var/www/html/media. That way the settings stay the same but the data actually gets stored on the HDD.

This is achieved by adding a mount for the HDD in fstab
Great idea! Thanks

User avatar
Ram.Sh
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:33 pm

btidey wrote:
There is currently no easy way to integrate audio in as well. Some have achieved this by using the job macro facility. So a start_vid macro is used to start an audio recording and an end_vid macro is used to stop the recording. An end_box macro is then used to run a command to integrate the audio recording into the mp4 video. Tricky part is getting decent sync between the audio and the video. This is easier if no video buffering is used.
Thank you for reply.

If that's the case is there a way to use a web camera instead that has a mic integrated into it in some way?

snirhordan
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Scheduling Configuration

Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:03 pm

snirhordan wrote:
btidey wrote:
snirhordan wrote:Hi!

I am trying to change the configuration settings in the uconfig folder to save the video on a directory of my choice- a removable HDD.

The problem is that it doesn't let me save the settings when changing the document.

Does anyone have a solution?

Maybe through the browser?
:D :D

Thanks!!
It is much better to mount the HDD at the logical folder already used e.g. /var/www/html/media. That way the settings stay the same but the data actually gets stored on the HDD.

This is achieved by adding a mount for the HDD in fstab
Great idea! Thanks
So after implementing this idea I ran into a technical problem: it doesn't let me mount the files on this directory(var/www/html/media) instead of creating a new directory.

Additionally, it deleted the media folder in the var/www/html directory, which is quite baffling.

Do you have any idea about how to execute the mount on the var/www/html/directory?

GOPI56
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:13 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:33 am

Hi all, i am having a problem with my RPi Cam Web Interface. The record video start , record image , timelapse start, motion detection start, and stop camera buttons is not working when i click on it. What is the problem here, the camera stream loads but that buttons are not working.

My RPi Cam Web Interface version: 6.2.19

gginnj
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:22 pm

Not sure if this goes in this thread or if it should go into a new thread....

I initially installed the Rpi web interface into /tmp to make sure it installed ok.
How to move everything to a new directory, dont want to lose it to the /tmp cleansing....

GG

gginnj
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:37 pm

I ran the ./remove.sh script - and then reinstalled in the new directory.

Whoa - when it asked did I want to remove the php packages - I said yes - I was NOT
expecting it to uninstall PHP and Apache2 from the system - just any .php classes it installed.
That needs to be just a little bit clearer - thankfully, I didn't have anything needing PHP/APACHE

Now to play with this some .....

GG

GOPI56
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:13 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:17 pm

Hi All,
I would like to make the live camera preview on the web interface to adjust its size according to the device width. How should i do it ?.

Gary Littlemore
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:52 am
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:39 pm

GOPI56 wrote:Hi All,
I would like to make the live camera preview on the web interface to adjust its size according to the device width. How should i do it ?.
The preview is clickable, click the stream and it'll go full screen. :-)
3b+, 2b, b+, b, Zero & Zero-W

MartinC_47
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Great job on this btidey!

I'm just starting with RPi Cam Web Interface v6.2.19 and I'm not clear on a few things so before I waste a lot of time trying to make something work that won't, I thought I would ask this first.

Is it possible to record motion detected events at the same time as recording the video?

i.e. I need a 7/24 video record from the camera. I would set it up to record continually in 5 minute periods. I would like to see motion detected events in separate files, and perhaps send real time email alerts, rather than having to process the video later with a motion detection process like iSpy. Then I would be able to go back to the complete video (after merging the individual files) to review what happened before and after a motion event when necessary.

thanks,
Marty

pumpkinpi
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:16 pm

Hi, Trying to figure out how to reduce the number of false positives during motion detection. I had one camera on for 9 hours today and it recorded 500+ 2 second videos where absolutely nothing happened. The other camera I have recorded 100+. There were no sun spots, nothing that moves at all (residential interior cameras).

How can I tune the motion detection parameters? I see this stuff in raspimjpeg. Is motion_threshold the right one?

# Motion Detection
#
motion_external true
vector_preview false
vector_mode ?
motion_noise 1010
motion_threshold 250
motion_clip 0
motion_image
motion_startframes 3
motion_stopframes 150
motion_pipe /var/www/html/FIFO1
motion_file 0

Also, how do I get the motion detection to capture and save a few frames "before" motion detection happens? I see a video_buffer option, but not sure if that is the right one.

Thanks!
PPi

hallonpi
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi
Having some trouble to start a video on motion start and end at event end with the motion gui found here
http://elinux.org/RPi-Cam-Web-Interface

I am getting all sorts of strange behavior when setting a start command on motion start in the scheduler it seems the event end fifo comand to stop the video in the motion window never seems to be sent as the video is not stopping. Further i am finding it hard to debug as while motion has been triggered, the settings can not be saved in the gui.

In motion gui event end i have included
echo -n 'ca 0' >/var/www/FIFO

Any advice or tips are appreciated!

btidey
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:49 pm

pumpkinpi wrote:Hi, Trying to figure out how to reduce the number of false positives during motion detection. I had one camera on for 9 hours today and it recorded 500+ 2 second videos where absolutely nothing happened. The other camera I have recorded 100+. There were no sun spots, nothing that moves at all (residential interior cameras).

How can I tune the motion detection parameters? I see this stuff in raspimjpeg. Is motion_threshold the right one?

# Motion Detection
#
motion_external true
vector_preview false
vector_mode ?
motion_noise 1010
motion_threshold 250
motion_clip 0
motion_image
motion_startframes 3
motion_stopframes 150
motion_pipe /var/www/html/FIFO1
motion_file 0

Also, how do I get the motion detection to capture and save a few frames "before" motion detection happens? I see a video_buffer option, but not sure if that is the right one.

Thanks!
PPi
There are 2 motion detection schemes (internal and external) selected under settings.

External was the original scheme and uses the 'external' motion process. This calculates the pixel differences between frames and when these are over a threshold value then it can trigger a recording to start. There are various config parameters (e.g. number of frames exceeding a threshold before a trigger) and these are set under the motion settings from the web interface. These are part of the motion.conf file owned by the motion process.

The newer scheme is the 'internal' detection process. This is built into raspimjpeg and uses the vector data that one can get from the camera. The vector data describes differences between frames in terms of the movements it sees in the coding process. The parameters for this are stored in the raspimjpeg conf file and in the uconf override file if changes are made.

The parameters you posted show you have external selected so the other parameters in raspimjpeg are irrelevant and all is controlled by the external motion process.

I always use internal motion detection now and get almost 0 false triggers even with a lighting changes. Starting from the defaults you can tune the internal parameters by including %c and %f in the annotation string (temporarily). %c gives the filtered change value and when this exceeds the threshold then the frame counter increments. %f shows the changed frame count and when that exceeds the start frame count then the recording will trigger. So you set the threshold so that it is above any background 'noise being shown from the %c but low enough so that it is exceeded when there is real movement. The 'frames to start' can be increased to make it less sensitive and slower to respond to any changes which can help with false positives.

The video buffer value is what you use to get pre-recording before a trigger. When this is non zero then the camera is always recording to a circular buffer and then this is prepended onto any recording. The value is given in mS but this is pretty rough as it doesn't know how much compressed video fits into a buffer. Start with a value of about 3000 (3 seconds) which will capture a decent amount before the trigger.

btidey
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:56 pm

hallonpi wrote:Hi
Having some trouble to start a video on motion start and end at event end with the motion gui found here
http://elinux.org/RPi-Cam-Web-Interface

I am getting all sorts of strange behavior when setting a start command on motion start in the scheduler it seems the event end fifo comand to stop the video in the motion window never seems to be sent as the video is not stopping. Further i am finding it hard to debug as while motion has been triggered, the settings can not be saved in the gui.

In motion gui event end i have included
echo -n 'ca 0' >/var/www/FIFO

Any advice or tips are appreciated!
Sounds like you are using the external motion method (see above post). I recommend using internal.

Commands are sent to the FIFO where it is located. If you installed in the /var/www root then that would be OK. If you have installed in /var/www/html then it would be /var/www/html/FIFO. Normally the install process should make those adjustments for you.

To debug problems in this area first leave motion detection turned off and then prove you can echo 'ca 1' (to start) and echo 'ca 0' (to stop) to the FIFO. The -n isn't needed any more with recent versions.

Once that is working re-introduce the motion triggers.

Edit: Re-reading also indicates you might aslo have put the echo -n 'ca 0' >/var/www/FIFO into the external motion end event process. That is not how it is supposed to work. Internal or External Motion detection just sends a stop (0) or start (1) into the scheduler FIFO (called FIFO1). The scheduler then translates these triggers into real FIFO commands for the main camera. So under external motion settings you would see something like echo -n '0' >/var/www/FIFO1 for the event end action. I'd still recommend switching to internal motion detection and proceeding as previously described.

pumpkinpi
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Wow. Thanks for the descriptions of what internal and external mean. Now I get it. I thought internal was "inside" and external was "outside". I randomly tried making this setting adjustment at my workplace yesterday (going to internal) and it worked perfectly. No issues with excessive files.

Thanks again!
PPi

mauerflitza
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:11 am

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:28 pm

hello,

Firstly, I dont have any experience yet with the Pi camera and are also fairly new to the live data transmission, so im sorry if any of my questions have been answered before.

Im currently working on a project to send a video stream from a raspberry pi camera over a wifi-network to an android app. The rasppberry is used to control the car and the camera should provide a livestream from this car to a connected android device. So far, I didnt find anything similiar to this, because i can only find solutions to stream the video to a web browser and not to an android app. The code to control the car is written in C so I would really appreciate it if there is anything for this in C code.
Is there any example code about how i can start on this project or did anyone have the same problem before?
The stream should only have a short delay.

Thank you already for your help.

btidey
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:12 am

mauerflitza wrote:hello,

Firstly, I dont have any experience yet with the Pi camera and are also fairly new to the live data transmission, so im sorry if any of my questions have been answered before.

Im currently working on a project to send a video stream from a raspberry pi camera over a wifi-network to an android app. The rasppberry is used to control the car and the camera should provide a livestream from this car to a connected android device. So far, I didnt find anything similiar to this, because i can only find solutions to stream the video to a web browser and not to an android app. The code to control the car is written in C so I would really appreciate it if there is anything for this in C code.
Is there any example code about how i can start on this project or did anyone have the same problem before?
The stream should only have a short delay.

Thank you already for your help.
The main raspimjpeg process that interfaces to the camera and provides data for streaming and recording is written in c. Source is available on github (see wiki for link).

If you want to use an Android app rather than a full browser you could still just request the data the stream data via url requests in the app itself.

lohtse
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:21 pm

I have hit an issue with this software..

if I run the software longer than 10mins I can nolonger access it and control the camera... It is as thought a screen saver has activated and locked the device..

I intend to use the software without a screen and remote login but if the 10min thing can not be bi passed I will have a major issue..

The issue occurs on are Pi3s x2, Zeros x2 and our Pi B and B+ all are on the latest updated(via sudo update etc) firmware/OS

hope someone can shed some light on this..

regards
Lohtse
3x Pi-3 1 x Pi-2 1 x Pi-B+ 1 x Pi-B 2 xPi-Zero 1 x Pi Zero W and a massive ever growing box/room of bits and bobs for them!

Return to “Camera board”