Machine Head

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:57 pm

StudioDubio wrote:
partach wrote: - can not use synology surveillance with this setup. It will not connect to port 80 and use cam.jpg.
I also ran into this problem and need to know how to fix this issue. I'm using the latest Synology Surveillance Station 6 (beta) and want to add the RPi Cam but it can't connect. Anyone can help?
Hello,
Thank you for this great project... The only problem I found is the compatibility with The Synology Surveillance Station.
Has anyone found the solution, please? :ugeek:

slabua

Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Machine Head wrote:Hello,
Thank you for this great project... The only problem I found is the compatibility with The Synology Surveillance Station.
Has anyone found the solution, please? :ugeek:
Hi, I don't know Synology Surveillance, but I guess you would just want to change the port used by the webserver to something different than 80.
Salvatore La Bua - www.slblabs.com
DICGIM - University of Palermo, Italy

Machine Head

Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:03 pm

slabua wrote: Hi, I don't know Synology Surveillance, but I guess you would just want to change the port used by the webserver to something different than 80.
Hi Slabua
No I've already tried that.
I see the cam on apps like IP Cam Viewer on my mobile phone. But it is always impossible to configure The RPi Cam on the synology Surveillance Station.
:twisted:

slabua

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:42 am

Machine Head wrote:I see the cam on apps like IP Cam Viewer on my mobile phone. But it is always impossible to configure The RPi Cam on the synology Surveillance Station.
:twisted:
What kind of stream input does synology require?

harlock74

video streaming embedded

Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi silvanmelchior,

I would like to congratulate with you for the excellent job you have done! I am really impressed.

Could you please let me know if it would be possible to embed the video streaming in my own web page? I am asking that as I would like to get access to the web streaming outside my network by using a dynamic DNS service.

Many thanks and keep up the good job :)

Machine Head

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:26 pm

slabua wrote: What kind of stream input does synology require?
I don't know all the supported streams but H.264 or MJPEG are supported by synology . This is the reason why i don't understand

andyross34

Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Hello i installed this and would like to stop it running, i am new to all this so dont know many command lines could someone please tell me what to type to uninstall this programme as i wish start from scratch, thanks :)

itsmedoofer

Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi,

In the first post of the thread I think...
If you want to remove the interface completely, run "./RPi_Cam_Browser_Control_Installer.sh remove". Attention: It removes all files in /var/www.

jensenbln

Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:01 pm

How do I connect RPI cam to my synology surveillance station? found many different solutions with mmal motion but would like to have it running with RPI cam.

thanks for any input.

Jens

andyross34

Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:17 am

itsmedoofer wrote:Hi,

In the first post of the thread I think...
If you want to remove the interface completely, run "./RPi_Cam_Browser_Control_Installer.sh remove". Attention: It removes all files in /var/www.
I've tried this and all that comes up is "No such File or Directory" Any other ideas ? :(

Cheers

UPDATE : I figured it out i needed to use the "cd RPi_Cam_Web_Interface" then used "./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh remove"

If this is what you ment in the first place im sorry but i got there in the end, thanks :)

itsmedoofer

Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:15 am

Sorry should have said cd first, glad you got there in the end though.

harlock74

Re: video streaming embedded

Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:19 pm

harlock74 wrote:Hi silvanmelchior,

I would like to congratulate with you for the excellent job you have done! I am really impressed.

Could you please let me know if it would be possible to embed the video streaming in my own web page? I am asking that as I would like to get access to the web streaming outside my network by using a dynamic DNS service.

Many thanks and keep up the good job :)
All sorted! I have read carefully this thread from its first post. I have used the clean.php file as suggested and now I can access outside my network as well.

I would like to ask something though. As I have two RPis and two cameras, would it be possible to see both camera streams in the same .php page?

Many thanks in advance.

RexRoper

Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:27 pm

jbeale wrote:
RexRoper wrote: I want to 'lower the jpeg-quality and size of the preview if needed', as you suggested, on my WiFi unit to see if I can get better success with the WiFi setup. I have opened /etc/rc.local but I do not understand how to adjust the jpg quality and preview size within this file.
The preview size, quality and framerate are not set from /etc/rc.local, they are controlled from /etc/raspimjpeg

Code: Select all

[...]
#
# Preview Options
#
# fps_preview = video_fps (below) / divider
#
width 512
quality 25
divider 1
I would like to update you on my progress with this excellent application. I have switched from WiFi to hard-wired Ethernet. with great results. Essentially, I have been running two RPis with cameras, one in a dummy camera housing and one in a PiCE case which needs a better solution for power when used outdoors. Both have been running since my last post (early October 2014) and have not experiences any loss of video images or power interruptions.

I have solved the power problem by creating my own power-over-Ethernet by modifying the small USB phone chargers that plugs into the automobile cigarette lighter port. I prefer to use the type that have two small Philips-head screws on the USB connector end so they can be easily reassembled. The modifications include removing the positive tip and the negative side springy thingies and then soldering on a Radio Shack size M DCV Power Plug part #274-1569. I use short leads to get just the right fit. A good solid lead on the positive connection provides a bit of rigidness for stability. The hole in the crown that screws on at the positive tip end needs to be increased just slightly in order to allow the DC plug to extend out where the positive tip was. A bit of the internal plastic housing should also be removed in order accommodate a negative lead from the DC plug to the diode on the tiny circuit board found inside the adapter. At this point, the USB adapter can be reassembled without the original positive and negative contact points.

The next step is building the Ethernet cable. First, measure out the length of Ethernet cable needed to reach from your switch/router to the location where the RPi/camera will be located. Remember to allow extra cable for slack. I use the standard crimp type clear Ethernet connectors found in the electrical section of most hardware stores. I use wire #5 and wire #8 for dcv+ and dcv-, respectively. I solder these two wires to a size M Power Jack also available at Radio Shack (I forget the part number, but it is the larger of the two they have available). There is one of these power jacks on each end of the Ethernet cable. The remaining wires in the Ethernet cable are crimped into the Ethernet connectors in their proper positions on both ends of the cable.

Now that the hard part is over all you need is a power supply with a power plug to fit your modified Ethernet cable's power jack on the switch/router end. I use an old Toshiba laptop power supply that provides an output of 15VDC @ 4-AMP. The USB automobile charger allows a range of 12VDC to 24VDC and will regulate to 1 AMP. I am getting 5.25VDC output from the modified USB adapter and this adapter fits inside the rubber boot on the back of the PiCE case! I am now powering my RPi experiments at a distance of over 100+ feet / 33+ meters from my switch/router using power-over-Ethernet!

I hope others find this information useful.
Best regards to all.

liderbug

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:50 am

I've tried to read, tried to search - haven't found an answer - so...

I've done the link to /run/shm/mjpeg/cam.jpg But that turns out to be 512x288, preview. OK, /etc/raspimjpeg and change 512 to 1280 - but now it won't run <sigh>

I'm using Zoneminder and streaming cam.jpg (above) works but I want to do 1280 (or better). Suggestions?

Thanks

0lly

Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:07 am

liderbug wrote:I've tried to read, tried to search - haven't found an answer - so...
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 38#p559338

timhunderwood

Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:17 am

Hello,

I am currently using the rpi-cam-web-interface which is running very well. However, I also want to be able to take/save a picture with a command/script while the web interface is running (i.e. without having to press the "record image" button).

Is this possible and how? Whenever I try and use raspimjpeg commands (or raspistill commands) I get an error like:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ raspimjpeg
mmal: mmal_vc_component_enable: failed to enable component: ENOSPC
Error: Could not enable camera
which I assume is because the camera is already being used. Could someone explain the best way to do this?

Thanks

slabua

Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:33 am

timhunderwood wrote:I also want to be able to take/save a picture with a command/script while the web interface is running (i.e. without having to press the "record image" button).

Is this possible and how?
Try by piping the capture command as follows:

# echo 'im' > /var/www/rpicam/FIFO

timhunderwood

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks,

it worked with:

# echo 'im' > /var/www/FIFO
Unfortunately I don't really understand how this works. I know what the > command does, so that essentially just sends it to the FIFO folder. what does echo 'im' do? Is there anywhere to find more documentation on the commands for raspimjpeg?

Thanks,

Tim

slabua

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:50 am

timhunderwood wrote:Unfortunately I don't really understand how this works. I know what the > command does, so that essentially just sends it to the FIFO folder. what does echo 'im' do? Is there anywhere to find more documentation on the commands for raspimjpeg?

Thanks,

Tim
Glad it worked : )
I'm not aware of a full list of pipe commands available, maybe I'll write it once I get some spare time, though at the moment you can have a look at script.js to see what's available.
Long story short, it's possible to send commands to the FIFO pipe, which is what the rpicam interface actually does thru its buttons.
The echo command simply prints out the string passed as its argument, while as you correctly anticipated, the > operator redirects the output somewhere, in this case to the FIFO pipe. In this particular case, the "im" command tells raspimjpeg to take a still picture, in respect to the capture and store parameters listed in /etc/raspimjpeg.

boomlikethat

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi all,

Having a good 'ol time with this setup, I recently added another Pi NoIR to a new RPi B+, and it's really something.

There is only one (I think major) issue that I cannot determine the source. I have installed IR flood lighting at the front area of my house, and can see them pretty well in both RPi camera setups at night.

However, when recording via motion detection, the resulting video goes dark, and clearly not what I've seen in the preview. If I take only a still shot, it seems to work fine.

Searching this thread, I haven't really seen anything to solve the problem, but I have seen others mention the issue. Is it the camera, the software, the setup?

Oh, and one more thing. It would be nice if I could save my own presets, like the few already provided in the default setup. If it can be done, let me know.

Thanks again for this great piece of software.

liderbug

Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've tweaked /etc/raspimjpeg. I'm only using preview at 1280x944 @ 25 fps. My Zoneminder is (seems to be) happy with http://raspi/cam.jpg. Although once in a while I get a corrupt frame - I'm working on why. But ZM allows me to say 5 > % < 90. The frame hits 100 and gets ignored.

2 more questions: A) Annotation - change font size? B) Because I don't need Timelapse or Video - can I turn them off - but then I thinking if I don't click on the buttons my question is answered.

(3d. did I see a paypal link somewhere?)

Thanks again.

liderbug

Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:42 pm

Aw, it were Bitcoin - don't do bc - PP???

0lly

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:26 pm

liderbug wrote:I'm only using preview at 1280x944 @ 25 fps
944 is not mod 32, use 1280x960.
This is full Sensor-output.

liderbug

Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:00 pm

OK, went to raspi/index.php and set res. 1280x1024. Prob was set 16:9 or something.
Tks

rahlquist

Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:07 pm

liderbug wrote:2 more questions: A) Annotation - change font size?
I do not believe this is possible. The annotations were added by a gentleman who worked at broadcom in his final days working there. If I am correct the code that affects the annotation layout and size would be part of closed source drivers owned by broadcom and not something we could change.

Return to “Camera board”