ianj

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Edit: Nevermind, it's running and working well. Not a problem, just didn't set permissions for the files.
Last edited by ianj on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ara_khlghatyan

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:45 pm

Hello

Is it possible to add zoomin and zoomout buttons in web interface?

for example raspistill --crop WIDTHxHEIGHT+OFFSETX+OFFSETY

Thanks
Last edited by ara_khlghatyan on Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

MyNameWolfgangS

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:16 pm

Hello everybody,

first of all thanks to all of you how are helping to bring this very helpful project going on.
As an absolutely newbi to linux/raspberry I ask for your help. I habe 3 raspberry with cameras and they are working fine. From any browser (as well as on my iPhone 5) I can watch the stream from the gereric URL http://raspi-IP/cam.jpg

Now I bought a HDMIPI (it's a LCD ==> see http://hdmipi.com) connected directly with a 4th raspberry. The streams produced on the first 3 raspi's should be visible on my new screen, but I habe no idear how to. The LCD shoud run without user Interface (keyboard, mouse), switching from one camera to the next will be done by GPIO.
I tried (on my Mac first) to connect via VLC but I failed, I opened network stream and put in http://raspi-IP/cam.jpg. As a result a get the picture of the cam, but not a stream. The picture is shown for 10 seconds and the the process stops.

What am I doing wrong? Or do you have another solution for my problem?

Thanks for your help.

P.S. OS = Wheezy, update is done today ask well as an update of RPICamControl :!:

Mettauk

Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:55 am

This is a fantastic piece of software! Thank you!

I am trying to change the file names to year/month/day/hr/mn/sec as 2014_10_03_09_54_59_text.jpg

I tried editing the line in raspimjpeg within /etc but this just messed things up.

Any pointers?
As humans we have been the same for a very very long time, technology changes how we do... not who we are as people.

slabua

Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:08 am

Mettauk wrote:I am trying to change the file names to year/month/day/hr/mn/sec as 2014_10_03_09_54_59_text.jpg
Unfortunately, it seems like you can't choose which parameters to pass, if you omit some of them, the ones that would go away are the ones from the end of the line.
For example %04d_%02d_%02d_%02d_%02d_%02d_text.jpg would become "number, year, month, day, hour, minute" and not "year, month, day, hour, minute, second".
Same issue exists about the superimposed annotation.

It would be nice to have the standard strftime format support, if possible~
Salvatore La Bua - www.slblabs.com
DICGIM - University of Palermo, Italy

lernerbot

Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:48 pm

Does anyone know how to get this to work with a USB camera? Can you have two cameras going at once?

Mettauk

Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:05 pm

You would be far better off using one of the pi cameras (£25 ish) and no way of running more than one....yet
As humans we have been the same for a very very long time, technology changes how we do... not who we are as people.

MyNameWolfgangS

Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:31 am

Hi all,

is there any chance to get the preview images from /var/www/cam.jpg shown as a video in omxplayer? If yes, how do I do this?

Thanks in advance
Wolfgang

B+W

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Hello,

I'm having a heck of a time even getting this to work at all on my Pi model B. I've followed the instruction on page 1 as perfectly as possible. Is there maybe some required packages that I need to install beforehand? Camera was enabled in raspi-config

I installed on a fresh installation of the current Raspbian. After running the install script and it says it completed successfully, I rebooted. It boots up and the login prompt shows. Unfortunately, the keyboard doesn't respond or is insanely slow, so I can't log in. SSH also doesn't work. I've tried going to the Pi's ip address using a browser, and that doesn't show the web interface either. I do see that the red light on the camera turns on though.

Thank you for any help!

jbeale

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:38 pm

tiktaktiktak wrote:Would it be any way possible to reduce the latency (2 second delay?) between the motion detection and video recording start?
My intention is to immediately start video recording as a burglar enters my apartment.The two second lag might be enough for him to run past my camera :(
I am working on another approach, which records video all the time and also does motion detection. With all the video stored, you can choose zero or even negative lag when you extract still frames or video to review later, and of course you can delete all the video where nothing happens. I only just got it working, so if you want to try it you'll have to look through the code and do some configuration. Also, I don't think it's practical to run entirely on one Pi as it stands now. I am transferring the .h264 video files and the .txt motion-detect log to a second computer for archiving and still extraction.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 97#p626051

Mettauk

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:52 pm

slabua wrote:Unfortunately, it seems like you can't choose which parameters to pass, if you omit some of them, the ones that would go away are the ones from the end of the line.
For example %04d_%02d_%02d_%02d_%02d_%02d_text.jpg would become "number, year, month, day, hour, minute" and not "year, month, day, hour, minute, second".
Same issue exists about the superimposed annotation.

It would be nice to have the standard strftime format support, if possible~
Thats a shame :( Thanks for responding.

slabua

Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Hm, has anyone especienced high cpu usage after about a day uptime? So high that I can't even log in via ssh.
I'm trying to debug it, I thought it was nodejs at first which I'm using for some web monitor, and I disabled it leaving the the cam stream active, but it happened nonetheless. Turning the cam off though, didn't make the issue appear, so I suspect it's related to the raspimjpeg and/or to some kernel update maybe.
Any idea?

EDIT:
In order to have my pi not hang after a while, I need to restart raspimjpeg via crond every 24h.
I'm currently fine with it because I'm actually not recording nor monitoring anything at midnight, but it'll be a problem if I would need to.

Flavio Galtieri

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:32 pm

I am experiencing the same problem. If I reboot the Pi then it's fine for 24-48 hours but eventually it stops responding and since it's physically in a different location I can't then ssh into it to reboot which is a problem.

Could you post how you use the chron to get the Pi to reboot every 24hrs? I'm not an expert, but I am learning slowly...

slabua

Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:06 am

Flavio Galtieri wrote:Could you post how you use the chron to get the Pi to reboot every 24hrs? I'm not an expert, but I am learning slowly...
My setup is now quite different from what the installer does, but I think the following procedure should work for you:

Create a script in /usr/local/bin (or wherever you prefer) and name it, for instance, restart-rpicam, putting the following lines inside it:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
sudo killall raspimjpeg
sleep 1
sudo /etc/rc.local
Then make it executable with:

sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/restart-rpicam
Then set a crontab task as follows:

crontab -e
0 0 * * * /usr/local/bin/restart-rpicam
Save the crontab and you should be set for a raspimjpeg restart every midnight.

EDIT:
The rationale behind the script is that cron itself, as far as I know, can only execute commands as close as 1 minute interval one another. If you don't mind that, you can skip the creation of the script and just put two lines in crontab with:

0 0 * * * /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/killall raspimjpeg
1 0 * * * /usr/bin/sudo /etc/rc.local
PS: crontab requires the full path for the commands, even if they are in $PATH already.

This procedure doesn't reboot the pi, it simply restarts raspimjpeg.
If you actually want to reboot the pi at every midnight, add the following line to crontab instead:

0 0 * * * /usr/bin/sudo /sbin/reboot

atyadav

Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:55 am

This is great stuff.....thanks for sharing :)

teestoke

Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Hi

I am trying to download from github as:
git clone https://github.com/silvanmelchior/RPi_C ... erface.git
cd RPi_Cam_Web_Interface
chmod u+x RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh

but am asked for a username and password. As I didn't have an account, I created one, but it insists on logging me in as username@github.com, but I don't have a github.com email address. Any ideas would be welcome.

Terry

glenpage

Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:40 pm

Getting frustrated here. I have tried this now twice with a B+ and once with a B. The first attempt with the B+ failed due to my inability to follow instructions. Second attempt with B+ got me an error both at the command line prompt AND via the web interface that says "Error: Camera sent invalid data". On the web interface I get a pop up that says
"Error in RaspiMJPEG: Camera sent invalid data
Restart RaspiMJPEG (./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh start) or the whole RPi."

When I follow the instructions and type ./RPi_Cam_Web_Installer.sh start at the command line, the camera light lights and then, the message pops up again both places and the light goes out.

Pretty sure I followed the directions completely so I don't know what the deal is.

TIA for any help.

teestoke

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Ok, problem now solved.

Regards
Terry

Mooncarrot

Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:08 pm

I have followed the instructions and it is working.
Very impressive.The only trouble is that I have no idea what is going on.
Is there a simple description anywhere?
Colin

jussi24

Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:02 am

Hello,
I've got some questions that I can't find an answer for.

1.) confusing about "RPi_Cam_Browser_Control_Installer.sh": I can't find it on my raspi. I installed raspimjpeg using these commands:

git clone https://github.com/silvanmelchior/RPi_Cam_Web_Interface.git
cd RPi_Cam_Web_Interface
chmod u+x RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh
./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh install
After updating (resp. new installation on a new raspi) I see the new improvements in the project like annotations but not the file mentioned above that is also referred in many posts here.
What is the command git pull origin master for? It only produces this:

root@raspi2:~# git pull origin master
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
2.) Is there a way to limit the fps the browser catches new pics from the raspi to a frame rate that is in sync to the creation of new frames by the camera? My setup blows my wireless LAN up to it's max (32fps) although there are only ten or so new pics made by the camera in that time. This is a huge bandwith waste.

3.) Maybe if this pulling mechanism of jpegs could be changed to a real mjpeg stream it would be possible to use one of the many stream renderers to watch raspi's camera streams (vlc...) like it was possible in the former project mjpegstreamer ?

4.) mp4 that had been recorded run a bit too fast on my computers. This is a general matter regardless on what devices they are watched.

5.) annotations and enumeration of snapshot files: wouldn't it be a good idea to have a little bit more fexibility in designing the output? e.g:
- in germany we have other date formats.
- I want to get rid of the numerical enumeration of taken snapshots
- I want to place the annotations in the lower right corner...

Thanks a lot! raspimjpeg is a great project and I like the constantly increasing possibilities of it, thanks for your hard work!

jussi24

Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:09 am

Mooncarrot wrote:I have followed the instructions and it is working.
Very impressive.The only trouble is that I have no idea what is going on.
Is there a simple description anywhere?
Colin
Not really. It's hard to follow all the changes through 42 long pages of posts...

A short summary of interesting subjects is concentrated here:
http://elinux.org/RPi-Cam-Web-Interface ... _of_Apache
but's it's not really a tutorial.
The search function at the lower end of this page may be a little help (but you still need to know what to search for :-))

slabua

Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:13 pm

jussi24 wrote:What is the command git pull origin master for? It only produces this:

root@raspi2:~# git pull origin master
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
You only need that command to update the software in the case there's a new version out there, and it must be performed after the initial clone command, within the folder it creates. It seems like you ran it from your home directory.

Team_Rescuebox

Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:11 am

Hello,

when i am start the Web_Interface in Web there come this message:
Error in RaspiMJPEG: Camera sent invalid data
Restart RaspiMJPEG (./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh start) or the whole RPi.

have anybody an idea?

is there a problem with the motion?

Team_Rescuebox

fruitloaf

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:10 am

I've submitted a pull request with some new styling for the page which is a bit more mobile friendly and has a fullscreen option for the image. Otherwise great work - nice easy to install package that is very useful.

fabridelo

Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:16 am

Hello I'm Fabrizio
I new in this forum. I buy a raspberry with camera and i use this good program. It's wonderful!!!!
But I don't understand if possible add a sound with a microphone in the video.
someone has done it?

Thanks to all :D :D :D

Return to “Camera board”