vin100

Re: RPi Cam Web Interface

Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:37 pm

After conversion I get a new thumbnail tl_0000_0001_20170127_182729.mp4
I always have a gray image with a message on it "no video whose format with the MIME type is managed was found"

gigpi

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:07 pm

Hello!

I think there is a small bug when "motion_detection true" is set in "/etc/raspimjpeg".
Tested with a vanilla 6.2.29 and external motion.

Steps to reproduce:
- Edit /etc/raspimjpeg and change "motion_detection false" to "motion_detection true"
- Start RPi Cam normally. Now motion detection is working as expected
- Stop camera with red button
- Start camera with red button
- Here is the bug. Motion detection button says stop but Motion Detection is not really working. Looking in "status_mjpeg.txt" there is the right string "md_ready", but no real motion detection.

At this point to get it working, you need to:
- Stop motion detection with blue button
- Start motion detection with blue button

Basically stopping&starting manually the camera break motion detection even if interface says detection is active.

Gary Littlemore

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm running Jessie Lite. I've now got my SSH working, I'm running the ./update.sh and it says it doesn't match and I run ./install.sh reboot and the version number doesn't change and it still says it doesn't match again if I try them again.

Any ideas how I get it updated? I'm currently on v6.2.25
3b+, 2b, b+, b, Zero & Zero-W

saabeirik

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:25 pm

I'm recently installed Raspbian with Pixel, and I'm trying to setup this cam web interface.

I think I'm doing this right, but I'm a beginner and it is of course possible I'm doing something wrong.

First of all, is Raspbian Pixel compatible with this? I'm following this instruction:

Code: Select all

Clone the code from github and enable and run the install script with the following commands:

git clone https://github.com/silvanmelchior/RPi_Cam_Web_Interface.git
cd RPi_Cam_Web_Interface
chmod u+x *.sh
./install.sh
Then there's a config dialog where I press OK, and some installation starts, with many errors:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
  apache2-bin apache2-data apache2-utils gpac-modules-base liba52-0.7.4
  libapr1 libaprutil1 libaprutil1-dbd-sqlite3 libaprutil1-ldap libavdevice55
  libavfilter5 libfreenect0.2 libgpac3 liblua5.1-0 libmysqlclient18 libonig2
  libperl4-corelibs-perl libqdbm14 lsof mysql-common php5-common php5-json
  php5-readline ssl-cert
Suggested packages:
  apache2-doc apache2-suexec-pristine apache2-suexec-custom php-pear
  frei0r-plugins mysql-client postgresql-client php5-user-cache
  openssl-blacklist
Recommended packages:
  ffmpeg
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  apache2 apache2-bin apache2-data apache2-utils gpac gpac-modules-base
  gstreamer1.0-tools liba52-0.7.4 libapache2-mod-php5 libapr1 libaprutil1
  libaprutil1-dbd-sqlite3 libaprutil1-ldap libav-tools libavdevice55
  libavfilter5 libfreenect0.2 libgpac3 liblua5.1-0 libmysqlclient18 libonig2
  libperl4-corelibs-perl libqdbm14 lsof motion mysql-common php5 php5-cli
  php5-common php5-json php5-readline ssl-cert zip
0 upgraded, 33 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 5,213 kB/11.4 MB of archives.
After this operation, 38.2 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie/main mysql-common all 5.5.52-0+deb8u1
  404  Not Found [IP: 5.153.225.207 80]
Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie/main libmysqlclient18 armhf 5.5.52-0+deb8u1
Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie/main php5-common armhf 5.6.27+dfsg-0+deb8u1
Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie/main php5-cli armhf 5.6.27+dfsg-0+deb8u1
Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie/main libapache2-mod-php5 armhf 5.6.27+dfsg-0+deb8u1
Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie/main php5 all 5.6.27+dfsg-0+deb8u1
Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie/main php5-readline armhf 5.6.27+dfsg-0+deb8u1
E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/m/mysql-5.5/mysql-common_5.5.52-0+deb8u1_all.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 5.153.225.207 80]

E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/m/mysql-5.5/libmysqlclient18_5.5.52-0+deb8u1_armhf.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 5.153.225.207 80]

E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/p/php5/php5-common_5.6.27+dfsg-0+deb8u1_armhf.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 5.153.225.207 80]

E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/p/php5/php5-cli_5.6.27+dfsg-0+deb8u1_armhf.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 5.153.225.207 80]

E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/p/php5/libapache2-mod-php5_5.6.27+dfsg-0+deb8u1_armhf.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 5.153.225.207 80]

E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/p/php5/php5_5.6.27+dfsg-0+deb8u1_all.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 5.153.225.207 80]

E: Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/p/php5/php5-readline_5.6.27+dfsg-0+deb8u1_armhf.deb  404  Not Found [IP: 5.153.225.207 80]

E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
awk: cannot open /etc/apache2/ports.conf (No such file or directory)
awk: cannot open /etc/apache2/ports.conf (No such file or directory)
mv: cannot move ‘etc/apache2/sites-available/raspicam.conf’ to ‘/etc/apache2/sites-available/raspicam.conf’: No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/raspicam.conf’: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /etc/apache2/conf.d/other-vhosts-access-log: No such file or directory
Failed to restart apache2.service: Unit apache2.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Your custom raspimjpg backed up at /etc/raspimjpeg.bak
sed: can't read /etc/motion/motion.conf: No such file or directory
chown: invalid user: ‘motion:www-data’
chmod: cannot access ‘/etc/motion/motion.conf’: No such file or directory

I have no idea what's wrong, and I'm very grateful for any help.

pajama

Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:21 am

Thank you for this wonderful library!

I have my camera installed in my chicken coop. I've also built an automatic coop door that is currently controlled over a node.js server. I'd like to move the door control logic over to rpicam and add an extra button to open/close the door, but I'm having some trouble.

I'm having a hard time understanding how to update the index.php file. I don't know much about Apache unfortunately. I see that it is referencing a copy of index.php in the vars/html folder, but when I try to update that version it doesn't let me overwrite. I've tried stopping the apache server first but still no luck. When I try to update the index.php file at RPi_Cam_Web_Interface/www/, the changes do not take effect. Is there a way for me to tell Apache to pull in these new changes?

Thanks so much for any advice!

devsfan1830

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:50 pm

I have this setup and working great and can view my camera with the web interface on my local network. But for the life of me I cannot get an MJPEG stream to connect in iSpy. I use the suggested URL with the IP of the Pi and it shows a not connected symbol and a black screen. The nutton under System in the web interface says MJPEG-Stream so I ammume this means im in MJPEG mode. Am I misisng something? Right now its just the default install and I did set a password (which i did add to iSpy as directed)

pajama

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:33 am

Ahh I'm such a noob. Disregard the problem above. New to Linux. I needed to change permissions for the files in the server folder.

btidey

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:27 pm

gigpi wrote:Hello!

I think there is a small bug when "motion_detection true" is set in "/etc/raspimjpeg".
Tested with a vanilla 6.2.29 and external motion.

Steps to reproduce:
- Edit /etc/raspimjpeg and change "motion_detection false" to "motion_detection true"
- Start RPi Cam normally. Now motion detection is working as expected
- Stop camera with red button
- Start camera with red button
- Here is the bug. Motion detection button says stop but Motion Detection is not really working. Looking in "status_mjpeg.txt" there is the right string "md_ready", but no real motion detection.

At this point to get it working, you need to:
- Stop motion detection with blue button
- Start motion detection with blue button

Basically stopping&starting manually the camera break motion detection even if interface says detection is active.
Thanks for the report. I'll check further. However, I thought the Red stop button was disabled with motion detection on.

btidey

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Gary Littlemore wrote:I'm running Jessie Lite. I've now got my SSH working, I'm running the ./update.sh and it says it doesn't match and I run ./install.sh reboot and the version number doesn't change and it still says it doesn't match again if I try them again.

Update now uses fetch rather than pull so mismatches shouldn't occur once it has got this version.

I'd suggest deleting the RPi installation folder and git cloning it again. Running ./install.sh will still find all the previous components without installing again. You will also then have the new update.sh script.

btidey

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:40 pm

pajama wrote:Ahh I'm such a noob. Disregard the problem above. New to Linux. I needed to change permissions for the files in the server folder.
You can update the files without changing the permissions; just use sudo command. E.g. sudo nano /vars/www/html/index.php or sudo cp ~/myindex.php /vars/www/html/index.php

It is best to leave the ownership and permissions belonging to user www-data as this improves web security.

btidey

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:42 pm

saabeirik wrote:I'm recently installed Raspbian with Pixel, and I'm trying to setup this cam web interface.

I think I'm doing this right, but I'm a beginner and it is of course possible I'm doing something wrong.

First of all, is Raspbian Pixel compatible with this? I'm following this instruction:

The errors you are getting are not specific to the install of the camera software but are a failure to install some stuff from the raspberry repositories. This can sometimes happen if they are busy or there is a network glitch.

Just run the installer again.

btidey

Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:48 pm

devsfan1830 wrote:I have this setup and working great and can view my camera with the web interface on my local network. But for the life of me I cannot get an MJPEG stream to connect in iSpy. I use the suggested URL with the IP of the Pi and it shows a not connected symbol and a black screen. The nutton under System in the web interface says MJPEG-Stream so I ammume this means im in MJPEG mode. Am I misisng something? Right now its just the default install and I did set a password (which i did add to iSpy as directed)
The stream mode button on the web interface indicates what will happen when you press it. So if the button shows MJPEG then it is actually doing default streaming which is a sequence of jpeg images. When you press the button the label will change to Default Streaming and it will actually be doing MJPEG streaming. You can see the effect of streaming by using browser development tool and looking at network activity. With default streaming you will see a regular sequence of image fetches. With MJPEG streaming they stop as the stream is started once.

saabeirik

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:05 pm

btidey wrote:
saabeirik wrote:I'm recently installed Raspbian with Pixel, and I'm trying to setup this cam web interface.

The errors you are getting are not specific to the install of the camera software but are a failure to install some stuff from the raspberry repositories. This can sometimes happen if they are busy or there is a network glitch.

Just run the installer again.
Thanks a lot - I had overlooked updating my RPi first, this was the problem. Works fine now!

lohtse

Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi guys

have an odd issue for you..

I have successfully installed Rpi Cam on 2 x Zero, 3 x pi 3 and 1 x pi B+ and they are ALL working perfectly yet when I try to install on out standard Pi B all goes well but I cannot access the web interface at all I just get page not found!!! I can SSH via Putty without issue and SSH with root access using winscp fine too... but I CANNOT connect to the camera via RPi Cam at all not even locally on the Pi.. Any ideas why and how to solve issue??? We want to use the Pi B as an Astro cam on a telescope but are not able to due to this issue!
3x Pi-3 1 x Pi-2 1 x Pi-B+ 1 x Pi-B 2 xPi-Zero 1 x Pi Zero W and a massive ever growing box/room of bits and bobs for them!

GammaScorpii

Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:34 pm

I have a huge problem perhaps somebody out there can help me with. I've been using this great software to shoot lots of video clips and I have just lost a video file for some mysterious reason. The thumbnail jpg is still there in /var/media but the corresponding mp4/h264 file is nowhere to be found.

According to somebody who was watching the file grow as it was being shot, it disappeared most likely during the mp4 conversion process and never came back.

Any idea on what to do to recover it? It's an extremely important piece of footage and I'm worried now that I have tried using PhotoRec to recover any deleted files and haven't had any luck. PhotoRec did save the unknown data to a huge dd image but I have no idea on how to examine that.

My /var/media folder is an xfs partition if that helps.

Any advice on what to do next would be hugely appreciated and worth a credit on the film we're trying to make ;)

chum

Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:02 am

I just upgraded to jessie lite and installed using the install script. All seems to be okay until I try on Chrome, I see the Index of / folder view". How do I go from here. I am used to seeing the camera interface with the live video. Can someone help. thanks,
Attachments
indexBug.jpg
indexBug.jpg (31.4 KiB) Viewed 4707 times

KLL

Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:47 pm

same:
try in browser
10.0.0.66/html/
should work.

i had this also when i used the
./install.sh
and could not solve this.

at a new install i used the other command and then the apache2 path was ok
./RPi_Cam_Web_Interface_Installer.sh

Mettauk

Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:56 am

chum wrote:I just upgraded to jessie lite and installed using the install script. All seems to be okay until I try on Chrome, I see the Index of / folder view". How do I go from here. I am used to seeing the camera interface with the live video. Can someone help. thanks,
This is an issue I keep having on new installs. if you go to http://IPaddress/html/ and all is OK then...

cd  /etc/apache2/sites-available/
ls
sudo nano raspicam.conf

You will see something like...

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html
        <Directory /var/www/html>
                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
                AllowOverride All
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
My guess is one of the /html will be missing, probably <Directory /var/www/html>
As humans we have been the same for a very very long time, technology changes how we do... not who we are as people.

btidey

Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Mettauk wrote:
chum wrote:I just upgraded to jessie lite and installed using the install script. All seems to be okay until I try on Chrome, I see the Index of / folder view". How do I go from here. I am used to seeing the camera interface with the live video. Can someone help. thanks,
This is an issue I keep having on new installs. if you go to http://IPaddress/html/ and all is OK then...My guess is one of the /html will be missing, probably <Directory /var/www/html>
The url to use does include the subfolder you install in. So if you choose to use html then the url will be http://ipaddress/html

This is deliberate to allow the web server to be used for other material. At one point in the past we used ports as the main mechanism to share the server but that was unpopular so we reverted to including the subfolder.

You can just delete the subfolder name during the install. The web material then gets installed at /var/www and the url then becomes http://ipaddress

If you want the material in a subfolder AND the pure ipaddress as the url then you do need to edit the Apache config

btidey

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:08 pm

lohtse wrote:Hi guys

have an odd issue for you..

I have successfully installed Rpi Cam on 2 x Zero, 3 x pi 3 and 1 x pi B+ and they are ALL working perfectly yet when I try to install on out standard Pi B all goes well but I cannot access the web interface at all I just get page not found!!! I can SSH via Putty without issue and SSH with root access using winscp fine too... but I CANNOT connect to the camera via RPi Cam at all not even locally on the Pi.. Any ideas why and how to solve issue??? We want to use the Pi B as an Astro cam on a telescope but are not able to due to this issue!
I have had the camera software running on all models from Zero up to Pi 3 including B.

If you are getting page not found then it sounds more like something going wrong on the web side rather than the camera side.

First make sure the web page material has been installed correctly (e.g. under /var/www/html).

To test basic web operation you should also be able to browse to the camera and retrieve one of the support images. E.g. http://ipaddress/htm/loading.jpg should bring up a simple loading image.

btidey

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:28 pm

GammaScorpii wrote:I have a huge problem perhaps somebody out there can help me with. I've been using this great software to shoot lots of video clips and I have just lost a video file for some mysterious reason. The thumbnail jpg is still there in /var/media but the corresponding mp4/h264 file is nowhere to be found.

According to somebody who was watching the file grow as it was being shot, it disappeared most likely during the mp4 conversion process and never came back.

Any idea on what to do to recover it? It's an extremely important piece of footage and I'm worried now that I have tried using PhotoRec to recover any deleted files and haven't had any luck. PhotoRec did save the unknown data to a huge dd image but I have no idea on how to examine that.

My /var/media folder is an xfs partition if that helps.

Any advice on what to do next would be hugely appreciated and worth a credit on the film we're trying to make ;)
I can't directly help with your immediate problem here but let me explain what may have happened and what I have done to maybe help in future.

Videos are first recorded to h264 format. When this completes a boxing command is queued up to convert to mp4 format and remove the original h264 file. The command is actually a MP4Box cmd followed by a rm command. The MP4Box cmd is very reliable, but if a problem occurred then the rm command would still execute removing the original h264 file.

To improve this I have made 2 enhancements in the latest version.
First the command line that is used for Boxing is now a configurable item in the /etc/raspimjpeg file so its behaviour may be changed.
Second I have added an extra step in this command line so that if the MP4Box process throws an error then the rest of the command line is NOT executed. This would mean that if this occurs again then the original h264 file will be left intact in the media folder.

That of course doesn't help with your immediate problem. The chance of recovering the video data from your unknown blob will depend on how quickly this was picked up. After the original file was 'rm' then the filing space becomes available for re-use. If there were a large number of recordings made after then the chance of the 'unused space' being overwritten becomes higher.

btidey

Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:59 pm

This is an update on a kernel dependency first noticed by GammaScorpii.

After doing kernel updates using rpi-update after 16 dec 2016 the camera software could show freezes partiuclar on lower spec Pi Zero, A, B set ups, although it could occasionally be seen on Pi2.

This was traced by 6by9 to a change in the camera support software involving a setting to minimise memory fragmentation coupled with the buffer sizes being used.

We worked around this by adding some extra settings in the raspimjpeg software to turn this off and this has meant that recent RPi Cam software has been OK even with these later kernels.

The underlying kernel problem has now been fixed (thanks 6by9, popcornmix) and the most recent rpi-update includes this. No further changes are needed to the RPi Cam even after this update is applied.

vin100

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi

I reinstalled rpi web cam with the new version 6.2.31.
I still have the problem of converting Jpeg images in .mp4 with the command "start convert".
I have installed gstreamer1.0

I did a test with a recording of 3 minutes (Timelapse calculated 3sec)
With Firefox I get an error message "No video with a format or MIME type supported was found"
With Chrome I do not have this message. I have the thumbnail t_0000 ..... .mp4, the viewport is white but there is no video, the file is 0 bytes when I download it.

Thanks

btidey

Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:02 am

vin100 wrote:Hi

I reinstalled rpi web cam with the new version 6.2.31.
I still have the problem of converting Jpeg images in .mp4 with the command "start convert".
I have installed gstreamer1.0

I did a test with a recording of 3 minutes (Timelapse calculated 3sec)
With Firefox I get an error message "No video with a format or MIME type supported was found"
With Chrome I do not have this message. I have the thumbnail t_0000 ..... .mp4, the viewport is white but there is no video, the file is 0 bytes when I download it.

Thanks
What image format are you using? The gstreamer conversion will only work with ones that are GPU 'friendly' and, in particular, will not work with the high resolution 2592 x 1944. Try a test using 1296 x 972. Using HD video for the image (1920 x 1080) should also be OK.

Gary Littlemore

Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:57 am

btidey wrote:
Gary Littlemore wrote:I'm running Jessie Lite. I've now got my SSH working, I'm running the ./update.sh and it says it doesn't match and I run ./install.sh reboot and the version number doesn't change and it still says it doesn't match again if I try them again.

Update now uses fetch rather than pull so mismatches shouldn't occur once it has got this version.

I'd suggest deleting the RPi installation folder and git cloning it again. Running ./install.sh will still find all the previous components without installing again. You will also then have the new update.sh script.
I've done as suggested and I'm now stuck on v6.2.29 and I can't get the latest version to install, any ideas?
3b+, 2b, b+, b, Zero & Zero-W

Return to “Camera board”