thradtke

How to order from non-UK countries?

Tue May 14, 2013 5:05 am

Topic says it all. Yesterday I was happy at first to get that mail, but quickly noticed only UK can be chosen in the delivery address form.
Rocket Scientist.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: How to order from non-UK countries?

Tue May 14, 2013 8:03 am

As far as I know the boards were sent out to a number of distributors worldwide, try some of the more local sites to you for RS or Farnell/E14.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

Maxion

Tue May 14, 2013 8:26 am

If anyone could link / name a vendor that'll sell to the EU it'd be very appreciated if they linked here.

I called my local official farnell vendor and they had no clue about the RPI camera board at all.

xranby

Tue May 14, 2013 9:02 am

Maxion wrote:If anyone could link / name a vendor that'll sell to the EU it'd be very appreciated if they linked here.

I called my local official farnell vendor and they had no clue about the RPI camera board at all.
I ordered my camera board today from Farnell element 14 sweden, you need the SKU number, by some unknown reason its not possible to issue a normal search for it in the catalog, this url work:
http://se.farnell.com/jsp/search/produc ... KU=2302279
Xerxes Rånby @xranby I once had two, then I gave one away. Now both are in use every day!
twitter.com/xranby

Maxion

Tue May 14, 2013 9:06 am

xranby wrote:
Maxion wrote:If anyone could link / name a vendor that'll sell to the EU it'd be very appreciated if they linked here.

I ordered my camera board today from Farnell element 14 sweden, you need the SKU number, its not possible to search for it in the catalog:
http://se.farnell.com/jsp/search/produc ... KU=2302279
I tried to do that from the finnish site, but it wouldn't let me add it to the basket. I called their support number and they said they'd investigate. I've since ordered from RS as they now say they'll ship within a day.

CPC.co.uk

Tue May 14, 2013 9:28 am

Hi All

We're shipping it out via our Export Department, but you'd need to speak to those for costings on it all etc.

If you'd like to get in touch with them then you can send an email to internationalsales@cpc.co.uk and they'll go through it all with you.

What we would say is that you'll still be subject to security checks etc so we wouldn't be able to hold the stock for you while this was being processed and we do have a limited supply so it's not guaranteed you'd get one so you wouldn't want to cause yourself to many delays.

That being said, it is definitely worth emailing in to check :)
http://www.cpc.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/cpc.co.uk
https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet

kaos

Tue May 14, 2013 1:12 pm

Just FYI: RS components are also taking orders, but the order page is a bit obfuscated. If you search for "Raspberry Pi" from their main page you will be taken here. There you will only see a "coming soon" banner for the camera, but if you click on "Personal use" beside the Raspi picture, as if you were going to order the Raspi itself rather then the camera, you will be taken to page where you can "Enter the Raspberry store, and there you can finally order both Raspis, camera and other accessories. And yes, they take international orders, unlike CPC/Farnell.

Hth, Kári.

psergiu

Tue May 14, 2013 2:31 pm

I just managed to order 3 cameras from the local (Romanian) Farnell site.
It kept gave me the "cannot add item" error until about 30 minutes ago when 120 cameras appeared in stock and i could add them to my order.
So, whoever had errors trying to order from Farnell - just try again.

Devfarse

Tue May 14, 2013 2:37 pm

I was able to get an order through to Newark over the phone even though the website appears to be down in the US. I was on hold for less than a minute and the order was easy. I just told him the parts I wanted and they sorted everything out. They are only allowing 1 per customer at this point.

Return to “Camera board”