nob0dy27

Raspberry Pi Camera Live View

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:42 am

Hey,
i'd like to know how to get a live view of what the camera is looking at, but without recording or taking any pictures, maybe in full screen. it's going to be a wired connection directly and the pi should output the video so I can plug it in a TV or monitor using hdmi and see what the camera is looking at. thanks in advance!

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Raspberry Pi Camera Live View

Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:37 pm

raspistill -t 0

That should run the preview forever, and not take any images.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

alphanumeric

Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:46 am

Going to try that, one question though. How do you stop it and go back to your desktop?

jamesh

Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:52 am

alphanumeric wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:46 am
Going to try that, one question though. How do you stop it and go back to your desktop?
ctrl-c on the keyboard.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

alphanumeric

Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:00 am

Ok, thanks, I had a feeling it was going to be something easy like that. 6 AM here, should have waited till latter in the day for this stuff, lol.

I had tried something like this in the past but could not for the life of me make it stop? I ended up power cycling the Pi to get out. I had started it via command line and it went full screen. That was quit a while ago now though.

Return to “Camera board”