MikeRich

Re: Talking with someone at Raspberry Pi about collaboration?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to talk to anyone at Raspberry Pi about collaboration and using the product in education?

I'm a lecturer at the Open University in the UK and we'd be REALLY interested in producing and distributing material for Raspberry Pi - both for free and as part of our degree offerings. I've been completely unable to make contact with anyone. I'm not sure if the project's email is down or just being filtered into oblivion, but it's very quiet...

We've just produced TU100 (http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/u...../tu100.htm) a brand-new Level One module with much the same pick-it-up-and-start-playing intention as Raspberry Pi; and we want to get more people playing and using computers in all aspects of their lives. This would make a fantastic 'next step' for learners - and I'll be honest, I really want to play with one ;)

So if anyone would like to get in touch...

Thanks,

Mike.

obarthelemy

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:45 pm

The right person to contact is Liz. I've had good luck getting answers from her via the forum email (click on the "inbox" link towards the top of this page), which is probably a lot less swamped than the foundation's regular email.
I'm sure they'll be very interested.

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:10 am

I've seen and inwardly digested the post - you're actually best off emailing me at liz@raspberrypi.org (I kind of hate the forum mail, and unlike some folk round here pride myself on a nice clean inbox) - it'd also be helpful if you could let me know who you've mailed before! (I know Eben, who deals with info@ as well as his personal address, is DROWNING under the weight of email.) I'm sure we can do some work together, but it'll probably be next year, when we've got a hardened product and are ready to do the educational release. Anyway - email away. I'd love to chat.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

MikeRich

Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Thanks everyone - email on its way to you right now Liz.

Mike.

Return to “Other projects”