Paul Toth

Re: Specific Software Test Project

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:25 am

I started an earlier thread where I requested some specific software performance testing. It was suggested that the developers were quite busy and this would be an excellent project for the community to become involved in.

So I would love to have individuals suggest specific pieces of software and take on the task of testing and optimizing it for the Raspi and then of course updating the wiki.

I will be working on Audacity and i will be testing different USB audio fobs for compatibility as i intend for people to have the ability to record audio on a portable raspi.

thank you to all the community members and developers in advance.

Chris

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:42 am

I will be focusing on LAMP and Possibly XBMC

vadsamoht

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:12 am

While this isn't necessarily a bad idea, I'd warn that any list compiled now would he highly liable to change in the 3-4 months before people start actually recieving their units. This could cause people to get frustrated because of the lack of progress on a project that has been listed here but the user has simply forgotten about it.

Again, not a bad idea, but keep in mind that there's still quite a wait to go.

Chris

Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:24 am

This is testing not porting. So its a case of if the software fails to work, it fails to work. But if it does then a summary of what we encountered did not work.

Return to “Other projects”