alfanhui

Re: Injection Molded Case!

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Is that design final? The case that you presently show on Kickstarter doesn't appeal to me, its overly too big. Just take this as one's opinion, but

Personally I am looking for a minimalistic box, that is square/flat so i can glue/strap to another device like a small hard-drive or a router.

C4B7

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:46 am

Alfanhui,

The case isn't much bigger than Pi itself. I've given an extra two millimeters above and below the pi. Just to visualize, take your wallet out and chances are it will be smaller than that. The curve in the top is to accommodate the ethernet and usb ports. If you plan on gluing it to anything I think the outline mismatch looking from the top down will be more of a concern than a curved top or rounded edges.

If more people ask for a straight flat case I might change my mind. There are always the cases on shapeways if you want flat on both sides. They'll just cost more or have the 3D print texture to them.

C4B7

Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:28 am

I've been collaborating with natewiebe13, he's been working really hard to make a nice render of my PiBox! Check it out! This is the last week of my indigogo campaign.

I don't want money. Just to prove it I'll donate the rights to the molds to the Raspberry Pi Foundation when all the cases are finished on their first run.

Return to “Other projects”